Also, I attended a fundraising luncheon for the rescue mission in town yesterday. Pastor Jim, who is the president of our board of directors at work, spoke and it was amazing and exactly what I needed to reminded of yesterday. His focus was on the verse below and how everyone experiences hills in their lives but how lucky we are to have someone who is at the bottom of those hills that is willing to pick us up and comfort us and give us peace. It was a wonderful reminder that when I have down days like I did on Monday that I need to turn to God because he is there to help me through this situation.
I lift up my eyes to the hills- Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.He will not let your foot slip -He who watches over you will not slumber;Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.The LORD watches over youThe LORD is your shade at your right hand;The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm -He will watch over your life;The LORD will watch over your coming and goingBoth now and forevermore. Psalm 121




No comments:
Post a Comment