While we were in the hospital, they gave us a Walk to Remember brochure. I kind of blew it off because I wasn't ready for anything like that. Alison contacted me about it and after debating whether I was ready or not, I decided it might be a good thing so I signed us up. I am so glad that I went! We had to drive about an hour to get to a beautiful park where the celebration was being held. They had a short ceremony where a woman who attended the first walk 22 years ago spoke about her loss. It was very similar to ours- her water broke at 5 months and after a few days, she gave birth to a little girl that wieghed 1 1/2 pounds. Then they had one person from each family go up and get a white rose for each child lost- during that time they had someone sing 'Precious Child' which is one of my favorite songs. We then decorated balloons for Brooke and Alexcyn and as their names were read aloud we set the balloons free. After everyones name was read we took a short walk to a covered bridge and back. It was a wonderful way to remember our girls and the impact they made on our lives. We will definitely be back next year!
setting Brooke's balloons free
setting Alexcyn's balloons free
it is kind of hard to see, but the girls names were on the back of the shirt





wow....that seems so powerful
ReplyDeleteThis is such good medicine for you guys. I am so so happy you went to this. Like I said, this is yet another step in your healing process. I'm glad you decided to go and that it went so well Love you!!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I'm so happy you guys enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteKrista - how wonderful you and Jason got to go to this event - what a way to celebrate every moment you had with your precious girls... I wish i could have gone and joined you guys! Thanks for sharing the photos of your day!
ReplyDeleteAlison was my roommate in college and is a very dear friend. We are so happy for them again and continue to pray for peace as that 36th week comes closer. We also continue to remember you guys and what you continue to go through- I love reading your posts and am encouraged each time I read them.
ReplyDelete