Today I am praying for cousin Heidi. On Easter morning a few years ago Heidi announced her pregnancy by giving her mom a picture frame that said Grandma on it. It was a great moment once Shari finally understood what was going on! This was only the second grandbaby for this family- we were all so excited. Unfortuanately, our excitement was short lived. At her dr appt, Heidi found out that her baby did not have a heartbeat. It took Heidi almost a year to get pregnant again. During that time, two other grandchildren were born in the family. Because of the trial Heidi faced, it helped her to help me during our struggles. Heidi was always there asking how I was doing and making sure we knew we were in her thoughts and prayers. It was so refreshing to me because as those of us that dealt with infertily know, it is not always easy to attend large family gatherings full of pregnant women and babies and to have someone to support you really means a lot.
On another note, I am putting together a "Thanks"giving basket for the doctors and nurses at the hospital. A friend is knitting blankets for the babies and I am going to attempt to make cookies and bars to fill it with. ***I say attempt because I am planning this for the day after my fundraising event Festival of Giving and last year all I wanted to do was sleep once it was all over!!!*** Anyways, if anyone would like to make a blankie or make a sweet treat or healthy treat for the basket, please email me. If you do not have my email, leave me a comment and I will get a hold of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thank you Krista. I am amazed that you remember so clearly, it brought me to tears again. Every year mothers day is still hard...even though I thank my Lord so much for Ryn, I remember that was the day I laid in bed "passing" my baby I wanted to hold so badly. I truly appreciate you praying for me. heidi
ReplyDelete