Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Courtney

Today I am praying for Courtney. She is a friend of a friend so I don't actually know her or her whole story, this is what I know... Courtney found out at 20 weeks pregnant that her baby had died 10 days earlier. She went to the hospital to be induced last Monday and did not deliver her son until Friday. I can't even imagine having to wait all that time to deliver a stillborn child. My heart breaks for her today as she is mourning the loss of her son Aiden. Please pray for her.

Tip #2 for the week is again from the Resolve website...


Don't Minimize the Problem
Failure to conceive a baby is a very painful journey. Infertile couples are surrounded by families with children. These couples watch their friends give birth to two or three children, and they watch those children grow while the couple goes home to the silence of an empty house. These couples see all of the joy that a child brings into someone's life, and they feel the emptiness of not being able to experience the same joy.


Comments like, "Just enjoy being able to sleep late . . . .travel . . etc.," do not offer comfort. Instead, these comments make infertile people feel like you are minimizing their pain. You wouldn't tell somebody whose parent just died to be thankful that he no longer has to buy Father's Day or Mother's Day cards. Losing that one obligation doesn't even begin to compensate for the incredible loss of losing a parent. In the same vein, being able to sleep late or travel does not provide comfort to somebody who desperately wants a child.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could send this bits of advice to a lot of people....they are all SO TRUE. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete