Monday, July 6, 2009

strolling...

This week we will be 25 weeks pregnant. I always said that I would wait to register until we hit that 25 week mark and I felt more confident. Now that we are actually here, I am wondering why I didn't say 28 weeks! None the less, I am at least thinking about registering and need some help, so I am turning to all of you experts out there. I am looking at strollers and am just so confused on what I need. I am not a body builder, so I don't want one of those 40 pounders that I will have to lug in and out of my car all the time. I have friends that recommend a certain brand over another and others that recommend just getting a jogger and not a regular stroller and then others that like only certain joggers with certain wheels and then others that don't even use joggers...I need your help!

So, the question of the day is... What is your favorite stoller and why do you like it so much?

7 comments:

  1. Do you have the book Baby Bargains? It does a great job of helping you choose the safest and most practical items with reviews on everything. Good luck! Yay for 25 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what your looking for. I have the Chicco deluxe stroller that works with the carseat we have (which I HIGHLY recommend!), it folds super easy and isn't heavy at all.
    And then for when Bean got a little older it's super easy to have an umbrella stroller, my friend got me the Chicco umbrella which is equally as amazing, super light, 5 point straps and fits great in the car.
    And then the jogger, I have a BOB Sport Utility stroller and LOVE it, but I'm not much of a jogger it's more for off roading. We like to go on lil nature walks as a family and it's perfect for going off paved trails. He fits in there super nice and it has great shocks for any bumpy terrain.

    Hope that helps! (my husband always makes fun of me cuz I have "a million" strollers, but there really is a right one for every occasion!) If I had to pick one to suggest as a must have it would be the Chicco one that goes with the carseat. Super easy to manuever around and it has tons of storage for all the baby stuff you could ever need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krista!
    My Graco traveling system (the car seat w/ the stroller it snaps into and the car base) is well on it's way to making it through three kids, and I love it. Whatever you decide I would make sure that it has plenty of "underneath" storage, a cupholder for you, and a built-in snack tray for your little man. These are the three things I find I use the most. I also went to Carter's and just got a cheapy umbrella stroller for the times when you don't feel like lugging a big stroller along with you.
    Congrats on 25 weeks!!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may sound funny, but, I recommend a double stroller. It has more room for stuff. You can shop and have the space for your items. Many of my friends registered for doubles. I wish they told me before my shower, I would've done the same thing. We ended up buying one after we had our second. We really needed it. I just wish I would not have had to go out and buy it before we went to the zoo for the first time with two kids. :) Anyways, have fun registering. They have such cool baby stuff now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would recommend a travel system...stroller/carseat. We used Graco and worked well. Now that the kiddos are older I just use a simple umbrella stroller. If you are a walker/jogger/outdoors person I would just go ahead and register for a jogger too. I have a friend in chicago that has a quinny and LOVES it...very pricey but I guess worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey :) I honestly have no idea about strollers, but I wanted to say congratulations and that I hope you have SO much fun registering!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista,
    At first, I bought the Graco Quattro system. The carseat was awesome, but the stoller was a beast. Difficult to manuver and to put in the back of a SUV. We started to use the Graco SnugRider Car Seat frame. Awesome, easy to manuver and to put in the car. Once my DD was older and out of the car seat, we got a small portable Wendy Bellisimo stroller from Babies R Us. It's not online, but definitely in the stores. I love it and think it is comparable to the Maclarens. My favorite part is the adjustable leg rest. The customer service is fantastic, we had some small thing come off the cover and they sent us a replacement hassle free. As for the jogging stroller, we went with the Baby Trend. Also from Babies R Us, the one that has the front wheel that swivles or can be locked. Again, I love it and it is very affordable. Definitely not one that you want to try to put in the back of the car. I did not find a jogging stroller that was easy to collapse. My best friend bought the Peg Perego Pliko Switch, the nice thing is that you can switch it to have the baby facing out or towards you. But I have to warn you, she spent a pretty penny. Good luck in your quest. My advice is save the 20% Babies R Us Coupons for big purchases like Car Seats and Strollers, it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete