it pours... and floods our basement. Yes, even though it is December, our basement has once again flooded. We woke up yesterday to thunder and lightning and should have known to just stay in bed. Instead, I went to a dr appt at our fertility specialist. We were getting ready to start our first cycle of FSH injections since the girls were born. I went in for a 15 minute screening ultrasound and ended up spending 3 hours there and having a hysterosalpingogram done. Thet end result- I have a calcification in my uterus that needs to be removed right away. They are not sure what it is, it could be leftover from birth of the girls, it could be a conception that didn't last, it could be scar tissue. Whatever it is, it is preventing me from getting pregnant and now I have to go in for a hysteroscopy (a simple outpatient surgery) to get it removed. As you can imagine, this news was not what I wanted to hear and it really sent my hope into a quick downward spiral. All I wanted was for a quick appt that said I was ready to start again, yet here I sit waiting and wallowing in the why me again scenario. And, did I mention that our basement flooded again??????!!!! Luckily, we were prepared and had an action plan for when this happened again- we rolled up the carpet and let the water flow in. So, if you have a few extra prayers today, we could use some!
Please pray that the surgery would be able to be scheduled this Wednesday because I have this week off and wouldn't have to miss more work.
Please pray that Jason would be able to get the day off to go with me.
Please pray that our hope and fight for a baby will remain strong and not be affected by this news.
Please pray that the water stops flowing into the basement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




ugh, how frusterating. praying that the surgery goes well and everything works out soon.
ReplyDeleteKrista - Sorry that you are experiencing so many trials and tributlations, but hopefully things will improve for you soon. Keeping you in my prayers as you go through your surgery. I hope that they are able to help make things a bit easier for you so you can have a little baby. Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteKrista
ReplyDeleteI am in the same situtaion as you, I have to have surgery in a few weeks. My RE thinks it is left over from the birth as well. I was very upset when getting the news, I have accepted it now. I was also told that the surgery could postpone things as well, just depends on what he finds during the surgery, that gives me anxiety, but I need to make sure that my body is healed. Just keep in mind it is best that they found it now so it wont cause complications later, that is what I have told myself. Stay strong.
Oh man. It sure does pour when it rains. Sorry about the news and having to wait. Waiting is the worst. Glad you got to have the HSG right away and they found what was happening. I know what it feels like to be hopeless...and I hope you can keep the faith during this process. Hugs.
ReplyDelete