Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Soap Operas

Back in the day, I was a soap opera junkie. I would tape General Hospital and Days of our Lives and watch them everyday. I subscribed to the magazines, I had pictures of the actors all over my walls, I even kept tapes of my favorite episodes- I was totally obsessed! Thankfully, I have moved on from that phase in my life. I still do catch a show every once in a while and it amazes me that the same characters are still on and they are dealing with the same issues that they were 10 years ago. Last night, I sat back and pondered my life and everything that has happened over the last few years and I felt like I was living in my own soap opera. I am guessing you all have watched one at some point in your lives and I am sure you all have experienced the Friday cliffhanger. Something dramatic and tragic always happens on a Friday because they want to keep your interest over the weekend. The problem will then be resolved on Monday and then a new one arises just in time for the next Friday. Well, right now I feel like I am stuck in a Friday cliffhanger that just can't quite make it to the Monday resolution. I feel like I have had these tragic things happen in my life and everything in my life has stopped moving forward yet everyone else's lives have moved on to Monday.

It is no secret that we want a baby more than anything in life. We were hoping for a miracle baby that could be conceived on its own. After a few months of trying, I have decided that I need to be realistic- it is just not going to happen that way for us. So, here we are stuck in our Friday cliffhanger trying to get pregnant again and just not knowing if we will ever get to that Monday where we find out our prayers have been answered. We are back to taking temperatures and ovulation tests, back to schedules and appointments. We are moving backward while everyone else is moving forward. And the pain is intensified this time because we have felt what it is like to be parents and we long to have that feeling again.

This week has been difficult for me because I have had a couple friends tell me they were pregnant. The announcements came in the most gentle way and with so much respect for my feelings, but they still bring tears to my eyes and my heart. Tears for the baby I never got to know, tears for the babies I held in my arms yet have no more, tears for all of the temperatures I have to take, tears for the ovulation tests, appointments and blood work that I have to go through to get pregnant.... So, as you can probably tell, I am having another pity party for myself. I am frustrated and angry that I have to go through all of this crap while others seem to just get pregnant. Not saying that they are not deserving of children, but when is it my turn?? When do we just get pregnant? When do we get to announce that we are pregnant?

So, here I am again asking for prayers- I feel like that is all I ever do anymore! At this moment, I am in conversation with God about all of these emotions, but feel like my anger is preventing me from praying. Please say a prayer today that I can get past this saddness and have my hope restored. Please also say a prayer of thanks for my wonderful friends who thought of me and my feelings when announcing their exciting news- I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people that care so much.

12 comments:

  1. Krista, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this fertility stuff on top of everything else. It isn't fair for us to have to deal with so much in our lives. YOu are so titled to have a pity party. With everything you have been through you have every right. Try to think of the end result, a baby, that is what I telling myself, so I can do the injections again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Every word in your post is exactly how I feel and similar to what I posted just last night! It does seem like everyone else is moving forward while you are moving backward. I feel that. I'm back to temping and bloodwork and OPKs and all of that as well and just wishing I could have a natural miracle baby. Never gonna happen. =( AND, I feel like I am in conversation with God, but can't bring myself to call it prayer. I hate that you are going through this, but you have made me feel better just because I know that I'm not alone in all of these thoughts. I'm sorry you have to TTC again. It isn't fair and you shouldn't have to be going through all of these motions and measures again. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista -

    I know how you must feel. I went through years of trying to have a baby after we lost one in Feb 2004. You never really truly get over the loss, but you heal and you are able to slowly move on or at least I was, but to be honest with you... I feel like I was never comfortable with putting it in the back of my mind until our IVF miracle (Cameron) came along. He has brought so much comfort to me and our lives and in time I feel as though you too will hold that child that you are longing for.

    You are intitled to have a pity party - trust me that I had plenty of them. I recall every single family member on my husbands side having children after children. One cousin had a child and 2 months after she had her daughter, she was pregnant with twins. It wasn't that I wasn't happy for everyone, but I was downright jealous because I wanted so desperately for it to be me. When was it going to be my turn and when could I stop avoiding everyone with children? when could I stop avoiding the baby showers? It was something I constantly thought about and it is totally (100%) normal. It is hurtful, trying and so freaking emotional, but all of your heard work and dedication in having a child will soon pay off. I told myseld that daily an I NEVER gave up HOPE and always kept the FAITH!!

    I will most certainly add you to my prayer list!! Here is to hoping that this New Year is the year that you are blessed with that little baby that you want so desperately.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you know that you are so present in my prayers. You do deserve this and it is just so unfair that it hasn't happened yet again. I wish I could help. I feel so helpless and guilty because you have been nothing but helpful and supportive for me!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know everything that you are feeling. I am so sorry. We are moving through fertility treatments again. It just never seems fair. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you! Praying for peace and for a new hope for the day you'll get to meet Brooke and Alexcyn's little siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Krista and Jason,
    there are so many people out there praying for you. and while it does not make it any easier we hope that you do find a little comfort in knowing we are holding you up when you feel down! and i think pity parties are a much needed part of grieving. please let us know any way we can help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krista.. I know we already e-mailed back and fourth but I just wanted to comment on here to let you know that your in my prayers and I just pray you feel God's loving arms wrapped around you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista,
    I found your blog through your comment on Angie's blog. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your beautiful girls and let you know that you have another person praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krista, I am saying a prayer for you right now. I am sorry that you are going through this. HUGS.

    Conversation with God is good - I think it is better than 'formal' prayer because he really wants to know what is in our hearts. So, I think you are in a 'good' place in the sense that there is honesty between you and God and an open door of communication. Does that make sense?

    I know how hard it is to see dreams die...I too, am surrounded by pregnant friends - all having little girls. I had my tubes tied after Jenna - thinking our family was complete. Never thought my little girly girl would go to be with Jesus so soon.

    Anyhow, just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you. Excuse the ramble...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Krista,
    Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you. I'm sorry for the loss of you precious girls. I saw your comment on Bring the Rain and linked over to your blog. We have recently experienced the loss of one of our identical twins due to TTTS and it is such a difficult time. I'm praying that God blesses you with a baby here to hold in your arms. I'm sure you too look forward to the day that we get to hold our babies that are safe with Him for now. Hugs. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too know how you feel, it is completely unfair that we have to suffer the loss of our children and then face the harsh reality of IF. I too have prayed for our miracle baby as well, but it is quite clear that the bloodwork, needles and roller coaster ride of cycling is in the future once again. However, I still wont give up on miracles.
    Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete