Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Blessings

This month has been a roller coaster of ups and downs for me. I love everything about the Christmas season- I start playing the music in July, I start shopping in August and I can barely wait until Thanksgiving to put up my decorations. This year has been slightly different. The music, the decorations and the crowded malls just aren't fulfilling me this year.... something is missing. I should be dressing my girls up in their Christmas dresses and figuring out how to balance holiday festivities in between breast feeding two little girls. We should be packing up the car with strollers and diaper bags and celebrating all of our blessings with our families. Unfortunately, those blessings have changed since July. Instead of being blessed with beautiful baby girls in our arms, we are blessed with beautiful reminders of our babies short lives. Here is a sample of the fabulous gifts we have been given to remember Brooke and Alexcyn this Christmas.

The grandmas made two miniture princess trees in memory of the girls- they are so cute!

This was a gift from Jason's brother and his wife. You can imagine the tears that flowed when we opened this last night!

There are so many of us out there that are suffering a loss. Not just a loss of a life, but loss of hope, dreams and plans for the future. I know many people that are currently suffering from illness, heartbreak and grief. Christmas will not be the same for them this year. Please say a prayer for everyone you know that is celebrating Christmas a little differently than they thought they would. My prayer is that everyone that is suffering will have a peace surround them tomorrow and that we will all find a renewed hope in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas to all of you!!

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" Luke 2:11

4 comments:

  1. The trees are soooo cute! Merry Christmas Little Princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a Happy Christmas, however that may come. I to am thinking of my 2 little baby girls, who should be almost here. I hope you find peace tomorrow and may 2009 be the year for all of us to have healthy happy babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let the little children come to Him"

    Until we can see our little girls once again...

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those gifts. They are great reminders of your little girls. I'm sorry you aren't spending this holiday with them. It hurts to think about what "should" have been. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete