I do have a prayer request for a bloggy friend of mine who is getting ready to deliver her baby boy Dylan James any day now. Dylan was diagnosed at 20 weeks as having Trisomy 18. It is most likely that he will pass away soon after birth. Nicole has been so strong in her faith through this whole experience. She has been an inspiration to many women and I just pray for her as she prepares for this day in her life- they day she says hello and goodbye to her precious baby boy.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Phew......
it is over! We survived Christmas! I always say that the aniticipation leading up to an event is often worse than the event itself, but this day proved me wrong. I will not kid you, it was hard. We attended a Christmas Eve candelight service and the minute they turned those lights out and all of the candles were glowing and they started singing silent night, I was a mess! The morning went well, but I felt so empty. I kept opening presents thinking they would fill the emptiness I had in my heart, but that was silly- I was longing for something that no one can give me and the realization of that hit hard. We made sure to spend some time at the cemetery in between our two parties yesterday. It was so heartbreaking to be there. A cemetery is just not the place we thought we would be on Christmas. Once home after the family gatherings were over, I just calapsed. I was exhausted mentally and physicaly and I finally had some quiet time to reflect on everything and I was just plain sad. I do want to thank the few of you that prayed for us yesterday. We heard the pager go off a couple times and that sound was wonderful to hear. There is nothing quite like knowing someone is out there lifting you up when you are down. I know that the people that read this blog vary from friends, family members, new bloggy friends, church family, co-workers and more. I know that some of you are dealing with cancer, life altering illness, heartbreak, grief and like me, just plain old sadness. I hope that you all felt the prayers that I was showering over you yesterday and that you all woke up today feeling a little better.
I do have a prayer request for a bloggy friend of mine who is getting ready to deliver her baby boy Dylan James any day now. Dylan was diagnosed at 20 weeks as having Trisomy 18. It is most likely that he will pass away soon after birth. Nicole has been so strong in her faith through this whole experience. She has been an inspiration to many women and I just pray for her as she prepares for this day in her life- they day she says hello and goodbye to her precious baby boy.
I do have a prayer request for a bloggy friend of mine who is getting ready to deliver her baby boy Dylan James any day now. Dylan was diagnosed at 20 weeks as having Trisomy 18. It is most likely that he will pass away soon after birth. Nicole has been so strong in her faith through this whole experience. She has been an inspiration to many women and I just pray for her as she prepares for this day in her life- they day she says hello and goodbye to her precious baby boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Being at mass must have been so tough. I'm sorry you spent Christmas at the cemetery instead of showing off your little ones. I pray that NEXT Christmas is a happy one. Hugs.
ReplyDelete