Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm here...

I can't believe it has been over a week since I posted! Last week I just wasn't up to writing anything. By the end of the week I had heard 6 pregnancy annoncements and I was feeling very down. I was angry at my situation, angry at my body and angry at God. I am less angry now, but have resigned to the fact that no matter what I do, this month is going to be hard. There are so many plans that I had for December- cutting down a tree, buying matching Christmas dresses, and celebrating all of our joys and blessings with our families. Now, I am left wondering what I have to celebrate and how exactly I am going to survive those family gatherings.

I am so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends who are here to pray for me and over me when I am just not feeling like doing it myself. After a tough couple of days, my co-workers actually prayed over me last week which was a wonderful and humbling experience. So, I wanted to quick check in and say I am still here and thank you so much for all of your kind words of encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. Krista,

    I know I haven't checked in with you for a while, but I am thinking of you and praying for you often. I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now. I'm so glad you are surrounded by such wonderful family and friends.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had to hear about 6 people being pregnant this week. That is so tough to take, I totally understand. I have decided as well to face the fact that this month is going to be hard. I hope Jan will be better. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that this month is going to be tough. Find peace and strength in your friends and family. Looking forward to a new year.......
    hang in there. We can all get through this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These holidays seem so silly and I am also trying to figure out what to celebrate. I'm glad to hear you have a wonderful family. 4 pregnancy announcements? That is a kick in the face. Hugs

    ReplyDelete