1. Is it really Tuesday again? These weeks are flying by.
2. The other day Grant was talking with grandma about planting pumpkins. The next thing I knew, he was in her cupboard looking for something. He came out with a can of pumpkin and asked me to make some pumpkin bars! I am so glad that he shares my love of everything pumpkin.
3. Sometimes when I am at the cemetery it occurs to me that I am only 35 and I already have my burial plot. I am so thankful that we were able to get a group of them together when the girls passed. However, when I think of a normal 35 year old, I can't imagine many of them have already figured out where they will be buried.
4. Another note on the cemetery.... when I get water for the girls flowers, I pass by many baby graves. I am always amazed by two of them right next to each other. The babies passed away the same day they were born in 1965. The minute we can put our planters out in the cemetery, they have beautiful flower pots on their graves. It shows that a mother never forgets...
5. A good friend from our life group purchased the book, Nine Days in Heaven for me. She said that she read it and thought of me the whole time. I have made several attempts to read it, but it seems I am always interrupted and never get a chance to get back to it. I hope to get some alone time soon because I am very antsy to read it.
6. This kid scares the heck out of me! He has absolutely no fear.
7. We are planning on moving into the "new" house this Saturday. I have been busy emptying boxes when I get some free time. And, I have been very busy finding fun decorations for Grant's new transportation themed room. I have already started his "masterpiece" wall hanging and can't wait to show it to you once it is completed. I have a few other fun ideas, but again, time is always the issue these days. I am attempting to make his room as fun as possible before we move in so that he is excited about it. While living here, he has had to sleep in a room with us and I am a little concerned about the separation issues we might have when we move. I figure if I give him a really cool room, he won't want to be in our room.... that is the hope anyway!
8. In an effort to find my ringing phone the other day, I had to dig
through 10 coupons that I printed last week and forgot to use, a full
size bottle of sunscreen, a tube of Cortaid, a package of baby wipes, an
overflowing wallet with receipts and Similac coupons falling out of it,
an extremely large lollipop that my co-worker bought for Grant :(,
sunglasses, a checkbook, a bottle of water, a random piece of wood from
when we moved our tv stand, a pacifier and a container with "potty"
jelly beans. Needless to say, my phone stopped ringing before I found
it at the bottom of my purse.
Anyone else have a purse that contains this many random treasures???
9. I forgot to mention last week that I took Ashton back for his ear re-check. His infection was gone, but he still had fluid on one ear. We have to go back in 3 weeks AGAIN. If there is still fluid on that ear, he will have tubes put in. In the meantime, we must put ear wax drops in both ears every day because A is a seriously waxy kid. Every time we go in, he has to get his ears irrigated out- it is a very unpleasant experience for both of us so we are hoping these drops help.
10. Blessing of the week...quality time with Jason. We are taking full advantage of having live in babysitters right now and going for walks/runs once the boys are in bed. It keeps me up later than I like, but it is nice to have some quiet time with J to catch up and reflect. I was in desperate need of this time after our crazy busy spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Krista, Thank you so much for opening up your heart for me to read.
ReplyDelete