Friday, June 29, 2012

another update

*Update to the update*  It appears that Ashton has a virus that is totally unrelated to the tube surgery. Our dr seemed a little annoyed that the on call dr had even mentioned pneumonia since it was so unlikely.  He did a strep test on him since he had a lot of white spots on his throat.  That was negative, so now we just have to wait out.  Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!



Ashton developed a fever overnight.  It went from 101 to 102.6 while he was on Tylenol.  The on call dr said it could be due to the anesthesia but it could also be a sign of pneumonia which can occur after surgery.  Not exactly what this momma wanted to hear!  Needless to say, the only person that got sleep last night was Grant.  I have an appt to take him in to see his regular pediatrician at 11:15.  He is concerned about possible infection in his lungs or ears.  He is not coughing at all so I have a hard time thinking it is pneumonia, but you never know.  Please say a prayer if you wouldn't mind.  I really don't want to end up back at the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Praying here dear Krista...please let us know how Ashton is doing when you can. I hope that it is nothing related to the surgery, but just a cold or something.

    ((hugs))
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you God! I wish that Ashton wasn't sick at all, but am thankful that it isn't related to the surgery. What a relief that must be. Thanks for the update in all of your busy-ness.

    With Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete