Saturday, June 23, 2012
8 months (and a few days)
Ashton Nowell- I feel like the last few months of your life have been crazy. Moving has thrown me all out of whack and I feel like I missed out on precious time with you. I feel like you have grown up so much over the last couple months. You have definitely gone from being my cuddly little baby to an independent little guy who knows what he wants and will not wait for you to get it. This is what you have been up to the last month...
*you are crawling all over the place and are even pulling yourself up onto everything you can.
*you wear size 9 month Carters, still a few 6-9 month outfits as well, size 3 diapers
*you eat five 5 oz bottles a day, 2 fruits, a veggie, a yogurt and 2 servings of cereal. We started you on meats a couple weeks ago and also on puffs. You definitely love to eat. You stuff the puffs into your mouth like you can't get enough!
* you grab the bottle out of our hands with a lot of intensity and feed yourself. I do not like this independence!
*you are all out of whack with sleeping. We believe it is due to the fluid on your ears and are anxious for your tube surgery on Thursday. We hope that will solve the problem so that we can all start sleeping again!
*you love to be outside and splish splash in the pool. You went on your first swing this past week and loved it! You also enjoy hanging out with your big bro- even though he still tries to sit on you!
*despite your ear issues, you are still a very happy baby. You love to smile and flirt with the ladies. All it takes is a smile and a flash of those blue eyes and they are hooked!
*you are like a human vacuum. If there is anything to be found on the floor, you will find it and put it in your mouth instantly. I am really ready for this stage to be over because it is impossible to keep the floors spotless with your brother around!
*you babble a little, but not what I think you should be doing for your age. The ENT thinks it has to do with all the ear issues (we have definitely put a lot of pressure on your tube surgery!).
This has been such a fun month for you. I love to watch you in this discovery stage that you are in. It reminds me to take a step back and remember how awesome the simple things in life can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment