Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ten on Wednesday



1.  Never leave your computer on the couch.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  Shopping for a new laptop this week.  Hence the Tuesday post on Wednesday!

2.  Something you never want to realize in the middle of a 93 degree day:  you forgot to put on deodorant....  learned that the hard way as well!

3.  Grant did amazing at swim lessons last week.  Even though he was spitting on the poor girl sitting next to him during the last class, I do feel as if he learned a few things.  He went in without a life jacket and he even went all the way under.




4.  Ashton had his final ear check on Friday and we were given a referral to an ENT for tubes.  I suspected that would happen since he was having a really rough week and had been pulling on his ears a lot.  I am hoping that this will help take away some of his pain.

5.  First thing marked off my summer to do list- pick strawberries and make jam.  I have attempted to make jam before, but it has never turned out.  It never gels up and I end up tossing it in the trash.  I was determined to get it right this time because I am hooked on homemade jam.  Thankfully, it worked and I now have 3 jars of jam made in the freezer along with 4 cups of strawberries pureed and waiting to be made into jam when I can find time to get to the store and buy more sure jell.

6. We are almost done unpacking.  It has been a mess in our house this week as I sorted through the boys clothes and Jason finished up a few construction items.  This crazy heat is keeping us inside though so I hope to have the last few boxes unpacked tomorrow.  I will post pictures soon.

7.  The dynamics of our house are very interesting to me....we have the worlds smallest bathroom but it has the largest air vent in the whole house.  Stepping into the bathroom while the air is on is like standing in gale force winds.  Grant screams,"it's too cold in here" when I take him in there to go potty and the air is on.  It definitely provides for quick potty breaks and really quick tubs and showers!

8.  Thank you to everyone for sending prayers after my last post.  Every once in a while, I just have a down day and I am so thankful for my faithful bloggers that help me through it!

9.  Grantism of the week:  He sat down with his friend Lo while she ate her snack after time.  He had already eaten, so he was just sitting with her and just like an adult, he folded his hands together and said, "so, what do you want to talk about while you eat?" They then proceeded to talk about a trip to the zoo that they had just taken where they saw kangaroos and giraffes.  Funny, since Grant has never been to a zoo!  Those two and their conversations just crack me up.  Something that doesn't crack me up is Lo telling me that I had red eyes.  I ran to the bathroom convinced I had pink eye and she said,"no Krista, under your eyes..."  It is lovely when a 3 year old points out the large bags under your eyes!!!

10.  Blessing of the week: my dad, my step dad and my father in law - all amazing fathers who have provided so much for myself and my family over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment