Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Things heard by Grant over the last week:
"Look mom, it looks like a hot dog."  In reference to his poop in the potty.
"Let's eat dinner on the pork chop mom."  You mean porch Grant?  "Porch.  Yes, yes"
One morning I told Grant that I was going to jump in the shower really quick.  His response.... "don't jump in the shower mom, you might get hurt."  LOL!

2.  Beautiful roses from my parents for mothers day.... one for each of my babies.


3.  Will I ever stop feeling so overwhelmed?  I feel like ever since Ashton was born I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off and it doesn't seem to be getting any better with time.

4.  Does anyone else have mornings like this?  Up at 7:15 with Ashton. Went to change his diaper.  He had pooped all the way up his back. Throw him in the tub.  Throw his clothes in the sink.  Look for the shout.  Shoot- it didn't make it here in the move.  Rinse the clothes out and unfortunately, forget about them and leave them there!  Grant gets up crying- that means it is going to be a tough morning.  Grant goes downstairs and asks grandma for some yogurt.  He starts crying. I go downstairs to figure out the problem. He says he needs to go back to bed.  I lay him on the couch- he falls asleep.  I put Ashton in the jumperoo so I can get in the shower.  Jason has taken all of the towels and left them in the bedroom.  Thankfully the in laws are gone so I make a dash for the bedroom with a hand towel!  Ashton is crying.  Grant has woken up and wants strawberries in his yogurt- aha that was the source of the tears.  Give him strawberries.  More tears.  He doesn't like the spoon I gave him.  Give him another spoon.  In the process, yogurt falls on his shirt.  More tears.  Ashton is still crying. Make bottle. Lay him on floor with bottle.  Run upstairs and do my make up and hair in 5 minutes.  Grant is crying again because he wants more strawberries.  (This kid obviously is not a morning person!)  Go back downstairs for more strawberries.  Grab bottles out of the fridge, grab diaper bag and throw those in the car.  Put Ashton in his seat and take him out to the car.  Grab the spoon from Grant and gently shove the remaining yogurt into his mouth because I should have left by now.  Put his tennis shoes on as he screams he wants to wear his rain boots.  Ignore him.  Get in the car.  Run to close the garage door because I don't have an opener.  Realize I forgot my purse  Back into the house.  Up the stairs.  Back in the car.  Both boys are crying and I have no energy to figure out why so I turn up the radio.  Put the car in reverse.  Realize I left my cell phone plugged into the charger upstairs.  Decide it is not worth it.  Drive away to day care 10 minutes late and realize for the third day in row I never even looked in the mirror to make sure my outfit looked ok or my hair wasn't sticking straight up.   I say a prayer in hopes that one day I will get my act together!

5. It took 1 1/2 years of offering them, but this week Grant finally asked for more carrots.  I guess my persistence was worth it!

6.  Ashton is going to be just as naughty as Grant.  The other day he was pulling my hair and laughing so hard.  It was cute, but man that kid has a strong grip.  Just wish he knew how to sift through and only pull out the gray hairs!

7.  Are kids just born with the natural instinct to pick their nose and eat it?  I find it hard to believe that any family member actually taught Grant how to do that....

8.  We  handed over the keys to our house on Friday afternoon.  I shed quite a few tears as I stood in the nursery as that room held so many memories.  Once everything was signed, I just felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulder.  Now we just need to get our rental house completed and then we will finally have this crazy time in our life past us. 

9. Last week I was able to get downtown with the boys and snap a few more pictures in their dutch costumes.  Thankfully, these turned out a lot better than the first attempt.



10.  Blessing of the week:  The best mothers day gift was a woman at church coming up to me with tears in her eyes saying,"I remember and am thinking of you today."

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love especially number four (sounds like a familiar scenerio) and number 10...what a blessing that must have been for someone to remember <3 and tell you so.

    With Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - I may only have one kiddo but I am all too familiar with mornings like your #4. Kendry is usually a happy riser, so if he wakes up a little cranky I know our morning is marked for disaster. I've learned its best to hit my knees right then and ask God to give me extra strength for the day.

    Oh, and the visual if you sprinting down the hallway with just a hand towel is hilarious. :)

    How precious for your friend from church to remember.

    ReplyDelete