Tuesday, May 22, 2012

1.  We are still living with the in laws.  The floor was put in the kitchen and bath last week and the carpet goes in the living room, up the stairs and in the closets this week.  Now we need to build some closets, put in toilets, purchase and install bathroom vanities and find some ancient gold fleck tile to match the current ones that are missing.  Hopefully it will only be a week or so until we can finally settle in our "new" place.

2.  We spent a wonderful weekend laying around the pool at my parents house this past weekend.  It was really hot, but nice to be outside.

3.  My work is in love with pot lucks.  In love.  As in, they will bring in food every day if we would all cooperate!  One of my fellow employees assigned us special food days to celebrate.  I was assigned Chocolate Caramel Day, but it fell when we were super busy packing and moving so I was able to post pone until today.  Yum... can't wait to take a bite out of this.





4.  I finally watched The Help this weekend.  I realize I am a little behind the times, but I get all my movies from the library and there were like 563 holds on it!

5.  Everything in Grant's world needs to be BIG lately.  He needs BIG blueberries, BIG bubbles in his bath, BIG glass of milk, etc...  Must be a boy thing.  It is kinda funny, however I did not appreciate it when he looked at me and said,"you are big mommy..."

6.  My project once we are in the house is to find the perfect place for this sign and then create it.  Can you tell that I am already procrastinating unpacking????





7.  Ashton went in the pool for the fist time this weekend.  It was so cute to watch him splash his hands around in there.  I am pretty sure he would have stayed in there for hours if I let him.
 
8. I am so antsy to start my garden.  I am hoping to grow tomatoes, peas, broccoli, beans, peppers, zucchini, mint (shh...don't tell Jason!), basil, lemon verbena, parsley, and whatever fun herbs I find at the farmers market.

9.  This is the project that has been keeping my hubby extremely busy these days.  I am very proud of all that he has accomplished (this is just one of the three sections...) in just a few months!

Before:
 After:


10. Blessing of the week:  air conditioning.  Silly thing I know, but I always like to praise God for the things I tend to take for granted.  The last place I would want to be when it is 95 is attempting to sleep in an upstairs bedroom with just a fan to cool me off!




3 comments:

  1. That sign is awesome! Do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! How did you like the movie "The Help"? Have you read the book? I can't believe that your husband made that huge set of stairs!!! Where is that...near your new home?

    The pie looks delicious! I love that sign too! Where did you purchase that? Beautiful!

    Take Care Krista,
    With Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl- my hubby actually dug those stairs out from under all that sand! And yes, I read the book and it was fabulous. The sign is a project I found on pinterest. I am going to change it up a bit and hang it in our kitchen. I really liked what a good reminder it is. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete