The first time you were mine was the night of January 31. 2004. We walked into a huge mess of boxes and furniture since all my stuff had been moved from my apartment that day. The day that we became J and K.
The last time I stepped out your door was May 11, 2012.
Every night as I say my prayers, I thank God for shelter over our heads. When I think about it, the word shelter doesn't really do you justice. You were much more than just a roof over our heads. You were the place we laid our heads after a busy day, the place we shared our fears, struggles, happiness and joy. You were the place we fought hard to become a family and the place we finally brought our boys home to.
Not all of the times spent with you were happy. I yelled and screamed at you for flooding in 2008. I know that it wasn't your fault, but I admit that I blamed a lot of our problems that year on you! You were the place that my water broke. Your were the dark, cold, quiet house we walked into the night of July 21, 2008 after we said goodbye to our baby girls.
You were also the house we brought Grant and Ashton home to. The place we watched Grant go from being a tiny baby to a big boy. You kept me warm in the middle of the night as I rocked my babies back to sleep. You watched as Grant took his first step and as Ashton rolled over for the first time. You have been there for everything and those memories will live on in our pictures, our minds and our hearts. Cherry St, you were so much more than just a roof over our heads, you were our home.
"Home is a place where a person lives, spends much of her time, or
feels generally comfortable with. While a house is often referred to as a home, and is home to many people,
the concept of "home" is broader than a physical dwelling. Home is often
a place of refuge and safety, where worldly cares fade, with things and
people you love becoming the focus. Home is central to one's life,
primarily emotional, and partially physical. It is an environment
offering affection and security."
Marguerite Duras




I can only imagine the emotions of leaving your home. ((hugs)) But I know God has great plans for your family's next stage. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete