Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Friday we moved boxes.  Saturday we moved furniture.  Sunday we moved everything that hadn't made its way to a box and all the random things we found hidden in the house.  I am still kind of numb from it all.  We are settled in with the in-laws for now with hopes of getting into our rental house in a couple of weeks.

2.  I took Grant over to say goodbye to his friend Blake before I brought him to grandma's house on Saturday.  They gave each other a big hug and said bye and I totally started balling.  The only other time I shed a tear was when my mom took a family pic of us in front of the house.

3.  Oh wait... I take that back.  Yesterday Grant looked at me and said that he wanted to go home.  I cried then too!  It just breaks my heart that he is confused and just wants his room back.  I realize he is two and won't even remember any of this, but it isn't stopping me from being sad about all of it.

4.  Enough moving stuff.... Ashton is trying to crawl!  He pushes himself up and weebles back and forth.  He hasn't figured out how to go forward, but it is only a matter of time.  I don't think I am ready for this stage yet!

5. 2 days of living upstairs at my in-laws and I am already thankful that our house plans are for a ranch style home.  I have gone up and down the stairs so much that my legs hurt!  You would think after the first hundred trips I would have learned to bring everything down with me at once.... slow learner I guess.

6.  Have I mentioned that Grant talks in a southern accent?  It is becoming more apparent with every new word he says.  We are not sure where this comes from, but it cracks us up.  Our favorite words are house (hey-owse) and again (a-gay-an).   I grew up in Georgia so I figure he must be channeling my southern roots somehow!

7. It is Tulip Time again in our little town.  Unfortunately, with all of the warm weather earlier this spring, it is more of a stem fest than anything else.  I took the boys down to Windmill Island a couple weeks ago to catch the tulips at their peak and to get the pics done before everything got crazy in our life!  I was not pleased with any of my pictures.  Grant is making a funny face in most of them and Ashton was just sitting up so he is falling in the other ones.  This was the best of the bunch....sad I know, but it will have to do for this year.  At least the tulips look good!





8.  We took Ashton in for his ear re-check a few days early because he had a lot of screaming fits this weekend and just seemed out of sorts.  Wouldn't ya know that his infection was still there.  Poor boy had to get 2 shots since he has already been through 3 different antibiotics in the last 2 months and the infection is still there.  We are hoping that it clears up with this new round of meds.  Next step will most likely be tubes for my little love.

9. I went to a Moms Night Out last week with the moms group that I am a member of.  We got to eat yummy apps and desserts and get pampered with 5 minute massages, mini manis and make up lessons.  I felt so relaxed when I got home.  I wish I could have a night like that every week....  hint hint J.

10.  Blessing of the week:  all of the people that showed up to help us move, all the wives that gave up their husbands for an afternoon so they could help, and grandma for watching the boys.  Our move wouldn't have been so smooth without all of their help!  We are so appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment