Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thanksgivings...

A few of my bloggy friends are making a point to blog everyday until Thanksgiving about something they are thankful for.  Now, I hate to set myself up for failure so I am not committing myself to do this everyday, but I thought it would be fun to join in and contribute when I can.

So, today I am thankful for my amazing husband Jason.  It was nine years ago that we met.  We had known each other through friends and ended up hanging out one random Saturday afternoon.  I was supposed to go to a Notre Dame football game with my mom but had overslept and missed the opportunity so I had nothing going on.  I think we ran into each other at the grocery store or something like that - the logistics are a little cloudy....  Anyways, we ended up spending the next few hours together stealing pumpkins from his parents house, carving them up and watching Ghostbusters!  It was such a fun night and it was then that I knew that he was going to be more than just a friend in my life.  It was also then that I got my first glimpse into his love of Halloween!

I could have never guessed nine years ago that we would be where we are today.  We have been through so many ups and downs, good times and bad times.  He has been there to wipe my tears as I cried myself to sleep at night and there to hold my hand and encourage me as we did just one more round of infertility treatments.  He is amazing and brings out the best in me and I am so thankful for him!



This is one of my favorite pics of us.  It was taken on a trip with J's family to Nueva Vallarta.  Don't we look so young????


No comments:

Post a Comment