First off, I need a favor from you babyloss mommas. I am looking for a recommendation for a book to give someone who just lost a baby. I usually always go with Empty Cradle, Broken Heart but they already have that one. All of the other books I read, I checked out from the libraryu and now I can't remember what any of them were. I am hoping some of you can help me out with recommendations. It can be a Christian book as well just in case you were wondering. Thanks in advance!
Today I am thankful for my job. I have been working at a small Christian non-profit organization for the last three years. I am so thankful to not only have a job, but to have one that is flexible when Grant is sick or my sitter is sick or when I need to go to a thousand doctor appts like I did with both of my pregnancies. When we lost the girls, my boss organized what I called our meals on wheels. For three weeks, we didn't have to worry about going to the grocery store (a place I tried to avoid for a very long time) or have to think about what we were going to make for dinner. In the midst of all of our sorrow, it was nice to not have to worry about those things. I am also thankful that I work for a Christian organization. When something happens, we gather together and pray. There are not many jobs out there where you can even speak about religion, much less break into prayer at any given moment. For that I am thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Holding onto Hope by Nancy Guthrie is by far the best book I have ever read since losing my son a little over two years ago. A friend just sent it to me to read several months back and I ended up buying 7 copies to give to others.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thanksgiving!
With Hope,
Cheryl