Today I am thankful for the Internet. I know it seems like a silly thing to be thankful for, but honestly I don't know how I would have gotten through the last few years without it! When infertility became a reality for us, I turned to the Internet. I looked up all sorts of information on pretty much an hourly basis! I had an ovulation calendar online and I joined an infertility board on a popular website. At that time, people kinda looked at you strange when you said you chatted online with others- it was still assumed anyone online was a rapist or a murderer. But, I am here to say that the ladies I met through that group are amazing and definitely not murderers! They were experiencing the same things I was and we were a wonderful support for each other during a time when no one around us understood. I still keep in touch with that first group of ladies today- thanks to Facebook of course!
When we lost the girls, I was able to communicate to all my family and friends through my blog. I used it as my journal at times and as a way to connect with other babyloss mommas as well. The friends I have made through blogging got me through my darkest days. Reading their posts made me feel normal in a situation that made me feel far from normal. Even though we will probably never meet, I know I will never forget them.
Now I use the Internet to reach out to others. Through email and blogging, I am now able to help them get through their darkest days and for that I am thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Krista!!! I love all your Thanksgivings!! Especially this one. I too am thankful. Have a wonderfully blessed holiday.
ReplyDeleteThat is how I met you! Then to find out we are from the same town and know some of the same people!! Internet is wonderful - it has helped me through a lot to... YOU have helped me!! Thinking of you through the holidays!
ReplyDelete