Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgivings

Today I am thankful for my health.  We woke up Saturday night to Grant throwing up in his crib.  He had acted fine all day and didn't have a fever so we weren't sure what was going on.  He was fine on Sunday but after drinking some of his bottle Sunday night, he erupted like a volcano all over J.  It was not a pretty site!  We still weren't convinced that he had a stomach bug because he was acting fine and eating/drinking normal all day.  Well, Monday night both J and I started feeling our tummies tighten and we were suddenly convinced that it was in fact the stomach flu.  As I was laying on the floor in the bathroom begging for some reprieve, I thought about all the people I know that are dealing with cancer right now.  Unfortunately, it seems like an extraordinarily high amount of young people in our town have been diagnosed with the C word recently.  Some of them are going through radiation, some are dealing with an hour of chemo a week and some are dealing with 8 hours of chemo a day.  As I thought of the pain and suffering that they go through on an hourly basis, I was thankful that I knew my suffering would be over within 24 hours.  I always say the best part of the flu (besides the instant weight loss of course) is the feeling you get when you suddenly feel better.  Those dealing with cancer are never given that opportunity to know when their struggles will end and when they will finally get that amazing burst of energy.  So, today I pray for all the people dealing with the horrible side effects of cancer right now- may God heal you and give you strength to get through your battle.

1 comment:

  1. This is the same flu we went through! My post sounds just like yours. Alex did the same thing! He threw up, but his mood was fine! He did have really bad diapers for about a week, and we ended up having to get pedilite to help him get through it. I hope you guys get through the flu fast! -Jenn
    I also am thankful for our health!

    ReplyDelete