Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thanksgivings

Today I am thankful for appliances.  Yes, I said appliances!  On Friday I thought our dishwasher was broken and I was horrified at the thought of having to wash the whole load of dirty dishes myself.  Thankfully it was an easy fix and it was back up and running within a few hours. 

Last night, we woke up to Grant throwing up in his crib.  Everything was coated - including the two layers of sheets and waterproof covers!  I yanked them off the mattress and threw them in the washer instantly.  Suddenly, I was very thankful for my washer!

I often times take these items for granted.  I want newer, shinier models that make my kitchen look cool or front loading machines that wash 5 loads at once.  What I forget is that not everyone is lucky enough to even have a dishwasher or washing machine in their home.  Some people have to go to the laundromat and some (gasp) have full time dish pan hands!  So, I was planning to be thankful for something totally different today. But with these recent events, it gave me a chance to step back and be thankful for these two glorious appliances that save my day almost every day!

4 comments:

  1. I seriously love appliances.
    You're right about the wanting new ones all the time, though...:) I should just be grateful that they work!!!!!
    Thanks for the reminder to be thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I never thought of this. Now I am thankful for them also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post - I am thankful for appliances also.. we currently don't have heat in our house and am patiently waiting for a repair guy after 3 days... but I am thankful for electric heaters that can keep us warm and I won't complain because there are many that go without heat everyday. Thank you also for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for things I often take for granted, including appliances. Although, I have to admit that I do not have a dishwasher. But I am willing to hand wash my dishes every night and wait another few years for a kitchen remodel if it means we can use our spare cash to finance another IVF cycle and baby in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete