Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ten on whenever...

1.  On Saturday, I finally redeemed my birthday massage gift certificate.  As I left the building feeling so relaxed I decided that it should be mandatory for all mothers to get monthly massages.

2.  I put Ashton in his crib the other night, covered him with his blankie, gave him a kiss and said I love you and he casually said "Luv you."  My heart just melted at the sound of those words.

3. Grant is OBSESSED with dinosaurs right now.  They have overtaken our house and even Ashton has climbed on board insisting that he carry around Grant's "long neck" all the time.  Grant has of course declared that he wants a dinosaur birthday party and actually made me go on pinterest the other day so he could look for a birthday cake.  I love that he is a pre-planner like his momma, but listening to him ask me about his cake for the next 5 months does not sound like fun at all.

4.  Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, onions, squash, pumpkins, peas, beans and cucumbers were all planted in my garden this weekend.  Now I just need to pray that my fence keeps those darn bunnies out.

5. After this weekend, I wonder if I can just bathe Ashton in Neosporin.  His little legs look like he was dragged along the cement.  I swear he is just really clumsy and even mentioned it at his dr appt but he wasn't concerned. I just hope CPS doesn't get a look at his legs cause they might show up at my door!  Must find him some protective knee pads.

6. Grant was devastated this week when he learned that dinosaurs actually don't exist anymore and would not be at our annual cottage trip in August.  LOL.

7. Rambling of the week:  Sometimes the words  "God blesses those that ask for prayer" can be really painful.  I believe that God hears our prayers and I believe that prayer can be very positive in many situations. However, I am not totally sold on the thought that God changes the plans he has for you depending on prayers being lifted up on your behalf.  A situation this week where this idea has been brought up made me feel very frustrated and upset at the thought that five years ago, God heard our prayers and didn't care and decided to let our girls die anyways. We are thrilled when the outcome is positive, but please, please, please think before you speak these words to someone who didn't have such a positive outcome.

8.  Ashton seems to be a little possessive right now.  He was sitting on my lap for morning cuddles and ,J a girl I babysit, crawled up into my lap and Ashton pushed her away and said,"my cuddle."  It was hard to get mad at him because it was just so darn cute.  I just love this stage that he is in right now.

9. Looking forward to a date day this weekend going through the Parade of Homes to get some ideas for our house.  It has been a long time since we have alone time together- can't wait!

10. Blessing of the week:   Jason competed in a game/race this weekend and won a week stay at a local campground in a luxury RV.  We feel so blessed and can't wait for our first ever camping adventure this summer!


1 comment:

  1. Oooo I'd love to get a massage!

    My little one does spurts of loving dinosaurs I wish he liked them more.

    So sweet when they start saying love you back. :)

    ReplyDelete