1. I tackled homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time this weekend. They were SO delish! Grant even asked for seconds- you know they were good then!
2. We had a pretty laid back holiday weekend. Jason was actually home on Saturday which was a nice change. We went to the Parade of Homes for some house ideas and then chilled out and enjoyed some much needed family time.
3. On Monday morning, Jason and Grant rode grandpas tractor in the parade. Both of them just loved it!
4. Ashton sat on the sidelines and enjoyed the parade. I am pretty sure he was the most enthusiastic person there. This boy loves himself a good parade.
5. Afterwards, Ashton got his time in on the tractor. He was a little hesitant at first, but once on, he loved it as well. We may need more tractors for the parade next year....
6. After lunch on Monday Ashton said,"potty" and walked into the bathroom. Grant has been trying to get him to go potty before baths so I would put him on and he would say he was done and I would take him off. He never went, but I loved the idea that Grant was encouraging him and putting the idea in his head. I actually was trying to figure out how to get Grant to potty train him because that was not my favorite experience of parenting! Anyways, I put Ashton on the potty and he actually pooped. I was in shock and fully expect this to never happen again for 6 months, but I was pretty impressed to say the least. When he gets something into his mind, there is no stopping him.
7. I finally watched Les Mis this week. It brought back so many memories of my high school choir field trip to Chicago to see the musical. I felt very blessed to be able to experience that in person and pray that we are able to give our boys those same experiences as well.
8. I can never resist a picture of a sleeping baby. This one just loves his blankies.
9. Grant was playing in the living room for about an hour while I watched Les Mis. I had to laugh the next day because he was singing everything. I guess he picks up on more than I realize even though he isn't actually watching it!
10. Blessing of the week: safe holiday weekend to relax and spend time with family. I love when we can slow down a bit and just spend some quality time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete