*this post was originally written for Grant's 3rd Birthday. Our computer was in the shop at the time so I waited to post it until I had our pictures back. The holidays came and life got busy and I totally forgot all about it. So, this is has info from 6 months ago mixed in with current info. I have designated 3 year info with a *for my memory book purposes.
3 years ago today they placed you in my arms for the first time. I looked down at you and my heart melted and I knew that life would never be the same. I can't imagine life without your smile, your laughter and your handsome blue eyes. Yes, there are days that you frustrate me so much, but then you smile and say something funny and my heart melts all over again. This is what you have been up to lately...
*you are too smart for your age. You looked at daddy the other day and said," daddy, do you know what makes you special?" He looked at you and asked, "what?". You said, "me." Someday you will know just how true that statement is!
*You talk all the time and occasionally I think your vocabulary is bigger than mine.
*you are full of adventure. You love to ride your quad at full speed. You love to ride tractors with grandpa and great grandpa. You love to ride on the boat and ask to go faster. Your love for speed does scare me a bit!
*right now you are afraid of monsters. Daddy had to go to the store for "monster spray" to keep them away because our prayers just didn't seem to be working.
-you are still scared of monsters at 3 1/2! We pray for God to protect you from them every night and you like to sleep with your dolphin sword so you can get those monsters when they come.
*you love to be a part of everything. You love to help me cook and you love to help daddy in the yard.
*you had a rough time adjusting to not being the only spoiled baby in our house. You love your brother, but you still struggle to show him love all the time. You like to push him over as he walks by you or shove him away when he tries to play with you. I assume this is totally normal sibling activity. I hope so at least!
*you are very expressive. When you are happy, your face is beaming and you are squealing at the top of your lungs. You jump up and down in delight. Your enthusiasm for life is contagious!
*on the opposite side, your temper can get the best of you. You are getting better, but sometimes that stubbornness scares me.
*size wise you are starting to become more average- 25% at your 3 year check up.
*you love to watch Cailou, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Curious George. You really would sit in front of the tv for hours if we let you.
-you currently love dinosaurs and ask to watch Land Before Time every 5 seconds.
*you also love to dance, play "constructions", play outside, and read books.
-you like to play dinosaurs, do your preschool "workbook", ride your bike, sing songs, dance, watch Wipeout and laugh until your tummy hurts and just plain be silly.
*you wear 3T shirts. 2T pants. You have been fully potty trained since July. You LOVE to wear your rain boots.
*you are our sensitive little guy. Your heart breaks easily so we have to tread carefully. You tend to be extremely dramatic when something happens like you get a scratch. And, you have an extreme sensitivity to textures. You hate to wear socks with writing on the bottom, you make us cut tags out of your clothes if they touch you and you freak out over shoes that don't fit just right. Supposedly this runs in your dads side of the family!
*you have a wonderful heart and are full of compassion and love for other people and animals. You worry about the moms that I help serve at the mission and the ants that I spray in our yard. Your compassion sees no boundaries.
*you have the most beautiful blue eyes that just melt my heart every time I look your way!
We love you so much Grant Weston! ~mommy and daddy







No comments:
Post a Comment