Wednesday, May 8, 2013

1.  We drive by the hospital often since it is only a mile from our house.  Grant usually comments on the scary vaccuum that was there when Ashton was born.  Recently they have been doing construction work so he has loved the big crane and excavators.  Today, we drove by and Grant commented that the work was done and that when he grew up, he would go to the hospital too.  Our conversation:

Me: Grant, when you grow up, you could have your babies at that hospital too.  Or, you could be a doctor in that hospital.  Do you think you would like to be a doctor when you grow up?

Grant: NO, I want to be part of our family forever.

Me:  You will always be part of our family honey no matter where you are and what you are when you grow up.

Grant:  We'll just let Ashton be the doctor.

This boy makes me smile so much!

2. It is Tulip Time once again in our town.  Sunday we headed downtown to the kids carnival.  Grant loved it!  Ashton only rode one little ride and he screamed the whole time.  I was shocked since he usually has a no fear attitude. I guess I can put that on the short list of things Ashton is scared of..... animals and fast rides!




3.  Ashton woke up last Thursday and started talking non stop.  Some of it is still hard to understand, but he definitely repeats everything you say now. 

4.  I love the nice weather, but I could really do without the allergies. 

5. Heard this in church the other day.  "One of the greatest feats of life is to live without answers."  H Norman Wright.  So true.

6.



What?  Doesn't everyone have a toothbrush stuck to their (ancient) tv???????   Don't worry, this is not their actual toothbrush!

7. Grants favorite word lately is humungous.  Examples, "Ashton has a humungous runny nose."  "That is a humungous tulip."  And my personal favorite,"Look at that humungous poop!"  :)

8.  Ashtons favorite words these days are anything that sounds like a curse word.  At any given moment in our house, he breaks out with fork, walk, sit or thank you.  All inocent words until they are said by a toddler that likes to starts words with an F and add a h to sit.  We were just cracking up the other day after he repeated thank you over and over again.... 

9.  My little soccer star.  Nothing is funnier than watching a bunch of 3 year olds play soccer!



10.  Blessing of the week:  watching Grant and Ashton get along.  Grant hasn't always been the nicest older brother.  Now that Ashton is to the age where he wants to do everything and be everything that his older brother is, I worried how it would all go.  Grant has done much better than I expected and it is so fun to see them interacting and playing and acting like brothers.

1 comment:

  1. ugh, I know, allergies are the WORST this year. I feel like my head is floating between lack of sleep and allergies! the boys are so cute! I love the crying one of ashton. I think crying babies are the cutest. I kind of have too since that's all my babies ever did! ha

    ReplyDelete