Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I made my first loaf of homemade bread last week.  I have made beer bread but never attempted dealing with yeast before.  I am so excited that I finally took the challenge.  It was delicious and the boys just loved watching it bake!  Next attempt is homemade cinnamon rolls.




2.  Ashton's new favorite phrase is "Oh my goodness".  It is so darn cute to hear him say it!

3.  It was Tulip Time in our town so once again I dressed my two little dutch boys up and made them parade around town while I took pictures of their adorable little selves!  This year they were asked to be in a number of Indian tourist pictures.  It was kinda weird, but I embraced it and just prayed their pictures don't show up on some billboard in India!




4.  Ashton pretty much always has this guilty look on his face.  There is a fee for picking the tulips little boy!



5.  I thought this picture captured Grant perfectly- hiding his naughtiness behind his handsome smile and those gorgeous blue eyes!



6. It is hard to believe that 5 years ago on Mother's Day, I sat at a Cubs game freezing my buns off.  I was so excited to finally be able to celebrate on Mother's Day.  I had found the cutest shirt at Old Navy for $2 that said Double Trouble and thought it would be perfect to wear to the game since I was expecting twins.  Of course, it ended up being about 36 degrees so no one saw the shirt.  I still have the shirt and I will never forget that feeling of being a proud twin momma to be. 

7. This Mothers Day I had a different kind of double trouble in my arms. They say a few years makes a difference and it is hard to believe in the thick of it, but it really is true.  I used to hate this day and now I cherish it.  I still miss my girls like crazy and I still lift up all those who are yearning to become a mommy and I never will forget that horrible feeling of everyone in the world celebrating mothers when all I wanted to do was become one.  But with all that being said, I really had a great day celebrating the mother's in our lives and I got to cook a nice big yummy meal which I love to do!
 
8.   I love the new Target baby commercial.  So cute and every time they start singing If you're happy and you know it, Ashton starts clapping!

9.  Ahh... first Downtown Abbey, then Revenge and now Castle.  I don't know how I am going to wait until next fall/winter to see the next episode of these shows!

10.  Blessing of the week: being called mommy, mama, mom, etc....  There were so many days I longed to hear those words.  Now when I hear them, I just soak them up.  I love these little boys so much - I am so grateful for them to call me mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment