Ashton Nowell, you are a one year old. I say those words, yet I am still in disbelief that a whole year has actually passed since that fabulous day they placed you in my arms. It has been a crazy year as we learned how to juggle two busy boys, how to teach Grant to share his world with you and how to function on little sleep again. This is what you have been up...
*you are such an adventurous little boy. I joke that I should pre-register you at the hospital so I am ready the first time I have to run you in there for stitches. You go head first down the slide and laugh after falling off the couch. Your adventure makes you such a happy boy, but it gives me hives.
*you are a little tike. You have such a different build than Grant so it doesn't seem possible, but you are actually smaller than he was at one year! At your appt, you weighed 18 pounds 13 (12%) oz and came in at amazing heights at 28 1/2 inches (6%)!
*we really must just make tiny babies because you eat like a horse. Everyone mentions how you eat twice as much as Grant does. You love food. You are not a huge fan of cheerios unless I let you grab them and throw them. You love crackers, yogurt melts, bananas and cheese. You are eating all table food now and are even attempting a fork and spoon.
*your sleep patterns leave a lot to be desired. You started sleeping through the night at 2 months and did well until about 6 months. After that, everything went downhill. You finally seem to be getting back on track. Let's hope so!
*you love to be a part of everything. You follow Grant around like a little puppy dog and want to be everywhere he is. It really is so cute to watch you look up to him already at such a young age.
*you babble a ton but don't really say any real words yet. You look at the picture of a ball and say ba but that is about it.
*you love to read books. Actually, you love to turn the pages on books. I have to fight you to get you to actually look at the pictures.
*you wear size 12 month clothes but are still in size 9 month pants. I am trying my hardest to get rid of the last of the size 3 diapers because you really need to move up to size 4.
*I like to say that you have sticky fingers because your new hobby is picking up things, carrying them around for a while and then dropping them in really random places.
*you always have a smile on your face and love to laugh.
You are such a joy to have around. Grant is my serious boy and you are my silly boy. I love you so much and can't wait to see what the next year brings to you.
~momma






awww so beautiful. glad you got your computer back!
ReplyDelete