Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1.  I convinced Jason to go with me to the Embrace the Hope event with Todd and Angie Smith last Thursday night.  We are currently reading The Five Love Languages so I think he was looking to fill my love tank by agreeing to go.  In no way was he excited about it. At.All.  I was thrilled however.  I was looking to fill my spiritual love tank which has felt a little empty for a while now.  I did just that.  Todd has an amazing voice and I confirmed Jason's biggest fear of going (that he would be stuck in a group of crying women) by balling my eyes out when he sang It Is Well With My Soul.  Angie told her story which I already knew from her blog and book, but it was good to hear it in person.  I left the evening with a peace surrounding me.  I needed that as the holidays approach.  I have never been a support group person.  You guys are pretty much my support group.  But, sitting in that church and knowing that I could cry without being judged and that everyone around me knew exactly how I felt was a really comforting feeling.

2.  The evening was a fundraiser for Starlight Ministries, a local non-profit that helps kids that have lost loved ones.  I had personally never heard of it, but after seeing the video and hearing the testimonies, I am hooked.  I love donating to little non profits that make a huge difference in peoples lives, especially when it is kids lives they are changing.  If you are one of the millions that donate at the end of the year, please consider helping out this orgnization.

3.  Grant got his first black eye from a girl last week.  I am sure it won't be his last.

4. Just when Ashton had finally slept through the night for two nights in a row, he had a reaction to one of his 12 month shots.  Fever, rash and another sleepless night.  Jason and I actually said it went in the books as one of the worst nights ever with Grant ending up in our bed because he couldn't sleep with Ashton crying.

5.  Jason and I took the boys to a water park this past weekend.  We had talked about doing it last spring, but then we sold our house and life just got too busy.  I wasn't sure how the boys would do so we just did a half day pass and then drove to my parents house to spend the night since it is only 30 mins away.  I am glad we went that route.  We all had a ton of fun, but by the end of our 5 hour stint, we were ready to be done!

6.  Shopping at Ikea was fantastic as always!  My favorite purchase were 99c finger puppets for the boys stockings!

7. I am really regretting not moving all of my pictures to my external hard drive.  I have posts to do and thank yous to send out and I need those pictures!  Hoping to get my computer back soon.

8. Did you vote today????

9. Grant's new thing is to end everything with poo poo.  For instance, he says,"I love you mommy poo poo."  It really is lovely.

10.  Blessing of the week:  seeing the excitement on Grant's face when he walked in the water park.

3 comments:

  1. What's with kids and saying poo?

    We voted!

    I wish we had a local ikea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley- we had to drive 2 hours to get to Ikea. I wouldn't say it was local, but close enough to make a fun girls day!

      Delete
  2. Love me some IKEA. I got my hubs to go with me in Seattle in September, but I'm not sure he will ever go back. :)

    I laughed at the 'poo poo' comment. Boys.

    ReplyDelete