Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday Thanksgiving Style

1.  Today I am thankful for my family.  My boys are my everything (that includes J as one of my boys of course).  They have a way of frustrating me one minute and then melting my heart the next.  They totally exhaust all energy I have, but I love every second of it and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I love them so much and am so thankful that God blessed me with them.

2.  Today I pray for those longing to be a "family".  For those women who want nothing more than to bring a baby home in their arms.  I pray that God blesses them with the desires of their heart and gives them comfort, strength and courage through their journey.

3.  Today I am thankful for the things in life that so often we take for granted.  A roof over my head, a reliable car to drive, food on my table and clothes on my body.  I so often fall into that state of wanting more.  I long for a nice house with a gourmet kitchen, a new car and an entire new wardrobe.  I must remind myself constantly to be grateful for what I have because so many people don't have a house, a car and are never blessed with new clothes. 

4.  Today I pray for those less fortunate than us.  I pray that they will be able to find a hot meal this Thanksgiving and that they will have a warm place to rest their tired bodies.  May their lives be blessed this holiday season.

5.  Today I am thankful for my health and the health of our families.  Watching my mom get extremely ill this year made me face the reality that my parents will not be on this earth forever.  Hearing the news of a 4 year old boy being diagnosed with cancer, a friends' father passing away unexpectedly from a heart attack and a strong women passing away from breast cancer have all made me extremely grateful for my health and the health of my family.  I have learned to not take a moment for granted.

6.  Today, I pray for those who have lost loved ones.  It seems that there have been so many beautiful lives lost this year.  Please be with their grieving families.  The holiday season is centered around family which makes it that much more difficult for those that have lost loved ones.  Please be with them Lord and give them strength that I know only you can give.

7.  Today I am thankful for help.  It sounds silly, but there are days that I am alone with the boys for long periods of time and it makes me so grateful that I have a husband that comes home and helps me when I am running low on energy.  I am also grateful for the two amazing women that take care of our boys on the days that I work.  It makes it so much easier to leave them when I know that they are being cared for by moms that take such good care of them and love them like they are their own.

8.  Today I pray for those that aren't lucky enough to be surrounded by people that help them.  For the single moms that work so hard to provide a wonderful life for their kids. May you give them the strength and energy to keep going.

9.  Today I am thankful for my faith.  It has definitely struggled over the last seven years as we dealt with infertility and the loss of our precious daughters.  But, through all of those struggles I learned that God is always there to lean on and I am so thankful for that promise.

10.  Today I pray for those who are not believers, those struggling with their faith and those that need you, but refuse to seek you.





1 comment: