Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Conversations overheard in the public restroom between Grant and I:

Grant:  mommy, are you peeing out of your buns?
Me: no Grant, that is just mommy's girl parts.

Grant: (as he is sitting on the potty) mommy, do you want to touch it? (referring to his boy parts of course)
Me:  speechless.

I really would be laughing my ass off if I was someone outside of the stall listening to this!


2.  Jason was gone hunting this weekend so I ordered Polar Express and had a fun night movie night in with my boys.  I even got Ashton to sit still and watch the movie for 5 minutes.  I think that is a record for him.

3.  Grant and I went on a date to hear Slugs and Bugs, a Christian kids band.  So much fun and so hilarious to witness my first kids concert.

4.  I volunteered this weekend for Feed My Starving Children.  My favorite quote from the director was, "find a cause that breaks your heart and get involved."  I couldn't have said it better myself.  I realize that we are all so busy, but giving just a few hours of our time opens our hearts up to a whole other level of compassion.

5.  Ashton has serious attachment issues to his bottle.  This transition from bottle to sippy is not going to be fun.

6.  Shhhh.... I am slowly switching out fall decoration for Christmas ones.  Jason hasn't noticed yet. This is the only time his lack of attention to detail comes in handy!

7.  I am starting to feel the Black Friday fever.  Anyone want to go out at 12 with me???

8. First snow of the season last night!  I was giddy like a little kid watching the flakes come down. 

9.  Ashton has started imitating us. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth this morning and he walked in. opened the drawer, grabbed his toothbrush and started brushing his 4 teeth.  The other night Jason walked in from work and gave me a kiss and then Ashton walked over to me and gave me a kiss.  So cute!

10.  Blessing of the week:  2 more hours a day with daddy and $300 a month!  5 years ago, Jason's job was transferred out of town.  It was a rough economic time so we dealt with it the best we could.  A couple months ago, his company announced that there were moving back!  This is Jason's last official week of driving 45 mins to and from work.  We couldn't be happier to have more time with daddy during the day and more $ in the bank!  Praising God that this transition is happening before the winter so I don't have to freak out every snowy morning as he drives away.  

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had snow here :(

    lol we have our christmas tree up already! lol

    ReplyDelete