Our plan was to stop at the tree farm on our way home from my parents house on Sunday. It was on the way and it was really the only time we could do it so it sounded like a great plan. Of course, we didn't plan on it raining or that we would have to battle strong winds while holding 2 screaming children. I really should just sell my Moby because I can never get that darn thing on right so Ashton was not happy. His hat kept falling off and I was trying to make him happy while battling the wind and rain with the worlds largest umbrella while walking through mud. Grant was crying the entire time - we still aren't sure what his deal was. And, to top it off, they barely had any trees at the TREE farm. We ended up chopping off the top of a very large tree in order to just get something. And, I might add that we were so desperate for the adventure to end that we just picked one without giving it a good look over. So, needless to say we got home and realized that our tree is leaning slightly to the left. I think it just adds a little character!
| This pretty much sums it up! |
Luckily we were able to enjoy a nice evening at home decorating the tree. It was great to see Grant get so excited about it this year. I gave him some unbreakable balls to put on and he chose to put them all on the same two branches. Then, he took one of J's Mickey ornaments from his childhood and put it on the tree in about a thousand different places. He could have spent all night moving Mickey around and finally when it was time to go to bed, he said goodbye to Mickey and gave him a kiss. It was priceless and made all the challenges of the day disappear.
| can you tell which part Grant decorated???? |




Beautiful tree...and Grant did a great job :)
ReplyDelete