When we lost the girls, our family was right there by our side. Some of them stayed at the hospital with us, some of them brought meals and gifts over, some of them spent hours sitting on the couch with me as I tried to process everything that happened. They celebrated the news of our pregnancies and showered us with love and gifts for the boys. Our first days home with the boys, they brought meals over and they even took a few night shifts when I was down and out with mastitis! There are not many people I know that would willingly wake up every 3 hours in order to let me rest! They have been such a great support through it all and we are so thankful to have been blessed by all of them.
Our family was not alone in being an amazing support for us. In the days after the girls passed away, we received hundreds of cards, emails, and phone calls from friends. Our house was filled with the smell of fresh flowers and our kitchen was stocked full of meals. I specifically remember one night about a month after we lost them that I was really struggling. We had no food in the house, I was scared to go to the grocery in fear of running into someone and having to talk about "it" and I was just so, so tired. A friend emailed me and asked if there was anything she could do for me that day. Reluctantly, I said a meal would be great. By 6:00 she delivered a hot meal, a bouquet of sunflowers and she even had a gift for us. What a blessing that was! It was very humbling for me because I don't like to ask for help very often. But, it proved to me the importance of good friends in life. We are so thankful for everyone who has stood by our side, cried with us, prayed with us and celebrated new life with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment