Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sorry I have been neglecting the blog lately.  However, I have been very busy with this little blessing...



I can hardly believe that Ashton is 3 weeks old already.  The time is going by way too fast.  We decided long ago that this would be our last child so I am just trying to take in every second of infant cuddles I can because I know how fast this time will go.

Ashton is doing well.  We suspect he has a little reflux and we started him on a med last week.  So far he hasn't had any more projectile vomiting, but he is still really fussy after eating. So, that is a concern for our drs appt this week.  He is waking up every 3 hours at night and seems to be growing like a weed- his newborn clothes are already getting too short for him!


Grant is adapting so much better than I ever expected.  Almost too good if you ask me!  He wants to help and love on his brother so much that it has caused me to not be able to leave the boys alone together.  Example.... the other day I went to the bathroom and Grant came running in saying,"I did it mom, I did it."  Freaked out, as any mother of a 2 year old should be, I ran into the living room to see that Grant had moved Ashton from the floor underneath his activity mat into the bouncy seat.  Now, I have no idea how he picked him up and I want to leave it that way!  So, needless to say I can no longer go to the bathroom without taking a child with me.  I know that he was just trying to help, but it totally freaked me out!  Since then, Grant has gone up to Ashton numerous times while he is crying and tried to pick him up saying, "I get it, mom."  I am hoping that this stage ends quickly because having to watch Grant like a hawk is extremely exhausting!

Although I am totally sleep deprived and most often ready to pass out by 8 p.m. every night, I am so happy!  I think back to the days of infertility and then after we lost the girls when I wondered if we would ever have one child.  I just feel so blessed to have two healthy boys cuddling in my arms every night!

Ashton's birth announcement.  Not sure why it is showing up in the 2 page format here, but it is nap time for me and I don't have time or energy to figure it out!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like Grant is going to be a very hands-on big brother. :) Keep getting your rest and enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krista, he is so precious! And he looks like you! :)Congrats-I'm so very happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete