In June, Grant and I took a Mommy and Me swimming class. It was held at a friends outdoor pool. I was so excited to do this with Grant because he loves the water and I was sure he would love two weeks of pool time. What I didn't think about was the fact that we live in a very unpredictable area weather wise! It was 57 degrees and raining one day- can you say permanent goosebumps??? Needless to say, Grant was less than thrilled with the swimming because it was so cold. That and the fact that he is very strong willed and doesn't like to take instructions from others made for a very interesting couple of weeks! I am still glad I fought through the cold two weeks though as I know he did learn a few things.
| Grant before swimming lessons |
| Grant on the last day of swimming lessons- pretty sure this was the only time he smiled! |
For the fourth of July weekend we traveled down to my parents house to celebrate the holiday at their pool and lake cottage. It was a wonderful weekend full of fireworks, family and friends. I can't even explain to you how excited Grant gets when he sees a "boom" aka firework. The look of utter amazement on his face in this picture below captures just a little of his excitement!
In July, Grant and I took a weekly Kindermusik class. He loves music so I thought this would be something fun to do with just him and I before the baby comes. However, as I mentioned before, Grant is strong willed/independent and during class instead of sitting nicely on mom's lap like the other kids, he is running circles around the room! Not the mom time I was hoping for, but that is my Grant- always full of energy and never wanting to sit still so I guess I just need to accept it!
Grant's favorite activity so far this summer has been mowing. Ever since the day this bubble mower came into our house, it has been Grant's prized possession. It even had to go in the pool once with us because he wouldn't let it go. He pushes this thing around the block for hours and mows everyone's yards and he has even had neighbors ask if it really works! My favorite thing to watch however is Grant mow the yard with daddy. I sit back and watch Grant mowing alongside J and my heart just melts.
I know it seems silly, but these are the simple life moments that I longed for for so many years. Watching my baby with pure innocence as he watches the fireworks on 4th of July, freezing my tush off at mommy and me swimming lessons and watching Grant want to be just like his daddy are moments that fill my heart with love and thankfulness for all the amazing blessings God has given us!







No comments:
Post a Comment