Wednesday, August 10, 2011

29 weeks!

Finally, we have arrived at the third trimester!  Some days it feels like this pregnancy is just ticking along and then others it feels like there is not enough time before October comes.  I have been feeling just ok lately.  I have had a lot of tingling in my arms and legs which freaks me out and at my last appt, my blood pressure was high and there was a trace of protein in my urine.  I had to see a nurse practitioner because my 2nd appt of the week had been cancelled with the dr.  I go back today to hopefully meet with the dr and see if there is any change to my bp.  I was told last week to lay low, put my feet up and eat less salt.  Almost all of those are impossible when you have a busy toddler!  I am praying that my bp is down today because the last words I want to hear are bed rest. 

Other than that, I am just celebrating the fact that we are past 28 weeks which is another viability milestone.   Next stop= 32 weeks!  I have started thinking obsessing about what we are going to do when this baby is born.  We put our house up for sale in the spring due to the fact that it only has 2 bedrooms.  The previous owner tore down a room to make a nice master suite which we really enjoyed until we found out we had another babe on the way.  We would love for the boys to have separate rooms.  However, it seems that no one else wants a 2 bedroom house either, so at this point I am willing to make it work.  I keep having nightmares that I have no home to bring baby boy home to because our house sold at the last minute!  So, we will hopefully be taking the house off the market at the end of the month in order to give me time to nest and figure out how we are all going to fit in here.  I also ordered a double stroller.  There was a great one day sale that I just couldn't pass up.  However, it is just sitting in the box in our garage at the moment just in case we have to return it.  I have such a hard time committing to that kind of stuff yet!  We are also trying to find a sitter for one day a week for the boys starting in the winter of 2012.  We had one lined up but it sounds like she may not be able to do it anymore so that is stressing me out a bit.  I just keep praying that God will lead us to someone amazing that will take wonderful care of our babies.  I think that is all the updates for now!  Here is my latest belly pic- it was 28 weeks and I really think after spending a week at the cottage with my family I have put on at least 5 pounds since this pic was taken.  Guess I will find out at my appt today!





1 comment:

  1. All of those things will work themselves out, all of them. You just rest and enjoy your remaining time until babe arrives...all he will need is a pack and play for a few months anyway! :) And my favorite years were spent sharing a room with my sister. We were together from her birth (I was 5) until I was in 4th grade, and when I finally got my own room, we asked to sleep together anyway, and continued to do so until I moved out! Keep us posted about your BP.

    ReplyDelete