The first week in August, we took our annual cottage trip with J's extended family. It was a HOT week- about 90+ with 150% humidity so I was slightly uncomfortable for the first few days with no a.c. Pregnancy + me + heat just do not get along at all! Luckily the heat died down and I was able to enjoy a few beautiful days. I was really nervous because just a few days before, I had my dr appt where my bp was high and I was put on low activity. It is nearly impossible to take care of a toddler, especially at a lake cottage, and not be on your feet! I did what I could, put my feet up and relaxed while G was sleeping and checked my bp everyday. Pretty sure Grant had the time of his life that week. He woke up everyday and looked out the door, pointed to the lake and said "pool". He wouldn't even eat breakfast, he had to be outside by the lake at all times. Here are a few pics of our fun week!

Grant became such a good swimmer this week! This lake is really nice because it is shallow for quite a while so the kids can walk and play and not have to swim all the time. Grant actually enjoyed wearing his swimmies for once and by the end of the week he was lifting his feet up and kicking and swimming around like a big boy!
Grant loved riding the wave runner and going for boat rides. Everytime he would see daddy, papa or grandma, he would pick up his life jacket and take it to them indicating that he was ready to go on a boat ride!
Grant also enjoyed throwing sand all over everyone in the sandbox!
Grant's newest obsession- trucks!!!
until next year...
Beautiful pictures! Glad you had such a nice time.
ReplyDeleteWith Hope,
Cheryl