I made it to 24 weeks!!!! I know it sounds silly to be excited for such a thing, but it really does let me take a deep breath knowing that I have passed that first milestone in this pregnancy. Thanks for all your support last week!
This may be a boring post for most of you. I am basically doing this for my records so that when I go to make a pregnancy book for this baby, I don't forget everything like I did when I went to make Grant's book!
How Far Along: 24 weeks.
Weight Gain: up 9 pounds already! By 16 weeks, I had lost a pound but I made up for it by gaining 6 pounds at my last appt! It was quite a shocker to see the scale at that appt, but I know it is a good thing.
Belly: no good maternity pic at the moment, but will post one in a week or two. Still just growing everyday.
Maternity Clothes: I started wearing maternity clothes early on this time around (13 weeks). I found that I wore regular clothes too long with Grant and stretched out a lot of my favorites so I didn't want to do that again. And, I just felt really uncomfy in my regular clothes this time so I was happy to make the switch.
Stretch Marks: None. Didn't get any with the girls or Grant so I am crossing my fingers it is the same this time around!
Sleep: I haven't had a huge issue sleeping yet. I do have days where I am wide awake at 4 am and can't go back to sleep, but luckily that doesn't happen too often!
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing my dr. and hearing the babes heartbeat- it always gives me the boost of confidence I need to get through this!
Movement: Very sporadic. Movement started around 18 weeks but it was very weak. I was told that my placenta is in the front and that the movement was being cushioned. There were a few days about a week ago that I felt him a ton, but really he is not a very active baby. It is not usually until I lay on the couch at the end of the day to relax that I finally feel a little kick here and there.
Symptoms: First trimester was not half as bad as it was with Grant. I was only sick for a couple weeks. Still felt exhausted and had a huge aversion to any food though. Energy and appetite came back around 12 weeks. More recently I developed a sciatic nerve pain in my lower back. I had this my first trimester with Grant so I was thrilled when I didn't get it this time around. No such luck for me. The worst part about this pain is that it strikes anytime and it litterally brings you down to your knees it hurts so bad. Hoping it goes away soon.
Food Cravings: Cheesecake. I am usually a person that can eat cake for breakfast and be ok with it so this is not a huge surprise, but it still does amaze me how I can suddenly NEED a cheesecake so badly. Good thing we don't have a Cheesecake Factory close to us or I would probably be up 20 pounds by now!
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I love going to the beach and digging a hole in the sand for my belly so I can get little tummy time in. Also, singing in church is a huge issue for me. Unfortunately, I had this with the girls and with Grant. Every time I stand up to sing, my heart races, I start to loose my breath, I break out in sweat all over and my body tingles. With Grant, I was seconds away from passing out once and even had to leave church and go lay down in the car just to feel better! My dr says it has to do with my oxygen levels when standing and singing. Now, I just stay seated or lip sinc. I love worship time at our church so I definitely miss being able to give it my all!
What I'm Looking Forward to: Obviously, October when I have this baby! But for now, I am looking forward to getting through all the milestones. Made it through week 23. Now we are at the earliest possibility for viability. Next stop, 28 weeks.
Emotions: Up and down. Thankful that I have an amazing dr that takes care of me and knows when I need extra attention. At this point, I am going every other week which should help with my anxiety levels.
I do have to say that this pregnancy is definitely different that Grant's. It seems to be going by so much faster now that I have G to fill up most of my time. For that, I am thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment