Tuesday, July 12, 2011

thankful...

Today our little town experienced some crazy storms.  Of course, due to the fact that Disney channel does not interrupt regularly scheduled programs to give weather updates, I was completely oblivious to the fact that a monsoon was coming across the lake and headed right for us.  I was running errands and was in a small local store when the storm hit.  Luckily they locked us in and told us to step away from the windows. I did get a chance to watch it all blow in and it was intense to say the least.  As I drove home, I realized how lucky we were to not be on the road when the storm hit.  Trees were down everywhere, including this beautiful tree that crossed the road right into our yard.


J and G and I headed out to the cemetery tonight because it was right in the path of destruction.  I was overwhelmed with fear as I drove in and saw all the damage. Thankfully our girls monument was spared.  It was actually shifted off its base a little which we still can't figure out how that happened, but considering all the damage around us, we were so blessed.  I don't know what I would have done had their beautiful monument been crushed by a tree the week before their 3rd birthday!  I am just so thankful the tree next to them did not fall and I am praying for all those that went to the cemetery tonight and saw their loved ones markers crushed or broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment