The last four and a half years I have been praying for a very special person; Kristi Rogalske. At that time, all I knew was that she was a member of our church. she was my age and she had been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. Over the years, I got to know her mainly through her blog. I took meals to her family when she was going through treatments and after we lost the girls, she was a great support to me on how to get through the dark days. Her words echoed many of my feelings and her honesty on her daily struggle to trust God and deny the devil was so familiar to me. Over the last four and a half years, I have prayed for healing for Kristi, I have praised God when she was in remission and then I prayed again for healing and a complete miracle to take over her body as her cancer returned. The last couple weeks, my prayers took a drastic turn as Kristi made the decision to stop treatment and her body quickly started letting go. The last couple days, I found myself praying for God to take her home and save her from all the pain. Tomorrow, I will attend the funeral of an amazing woman who inspired me so much through her own struggle, a woman who had the courage to SHINE through all the nasty side effects of cancer and a woman who made me believe that I would survive losing my daughters.
Kristi's death has reminded me that material things don't matter at all, it is the impact you make on a person's life that will be remembered. Kristi's impact on me will never be forgotten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment