Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I had to check in and let you all know that I had so much fun at the wedding! It has been a long time since I have smiled because I was actually happy and not because I was pretending to be happy. I only wish that smile would be more permanent.









Michael (groom) and I almost 10 years later



Sarah and I

Sarah is one person I learned that I can not live without! We met at the Cancer Society and I was her first friend in Holland (or at least that's what she tells me!). From the day my water broke, she has been emailing me almost every day, dropping off her famous cupcakes or delivering one of her fabulous care packages. Her friendship is such a blessing!

On another less sappy note, I wanted to let everyone know that October isn't just breast cancer awareness month, it is also National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. I had no idea that this even existed, but it was declared by President Reagan in 1988- who knew. This month I challenge all of you to say a prayer every day for someone you know that has lost a baby from 5 weeks to full term. Unfortunately, I know way too many people that have experienced a loss and I may just be able to make it the whole month without praying for someone twice. I know personally what it feels like to know that people are praying for you so I hope to be able to post the prayer of the day on here everyday so the person knows they are being lifted up in prayer.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).





1 comment:

  1. I had a great time with you, thanks for posting the pics!

    You ARE my first Holland friend, and an absolute blessing! I'll be thinking about you extra-much this month, and your little angels.

    Lots of love!!
    S

    ReplyDelete