I didn't realize it had been over a week since I posted last. It is nice to say that time is finally flying by. A few months ago I could barely get through a day and now a whole week has flown by. Things are going well for us. We ordered the grave marker for the girls today. That was a very bittersweet moment. I am glad to finally have it done, but I am still angry that I had to do it in the first place.
I really dont't have much to update you all on, so I thought I would make this a fun post for a change. This weekend I am attending a wedding of two great friends. Michael was one of my best friends in college and Colleen was a co-worker from the American Cancer Society. I am so excited for them and can't wait to celebrate tomorrow! So, in honor of Micheal getting hithced, I thought I would post this lovely picture of Michael and I from our senior year at Hope.
Gotta love the blonde hair!
On another note, Jason and I love to watch Ace of Cakes- well, Jason usually just gets stuck watching it because I love it. Anyways, after everything happened, I wanted to get myself immersed in doing things so I decided to bake. I told him I would make him any kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He said Wrigley Field and I promptly asked what his second choice was and he said.... firetruck! Yes, he did turn 31 this year but he is obviously still a kid inside. So, here is my firetruck cake.
Because my oven stinks the cake came out a little lopsided...
I searched everywhere for a dalmation but could only find a rubber ducky!
For a prayer request this week, I want to praise all the strangers that have reached out to comfort us which in turn has prompted us to reach out to others who are in need. We are constantly amazed at the kindness of strangers. Hope you all have a blessed weekend. I will leave you with one final random picture of Jason and I in Charleston, SC on our first vacation together 7 years ago.




LOVE the cake. I would have to say that turned out pretty dang awesome! Have a great time at the wedding tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteClaire
Krista - I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding! That cake is so cute and so fun - I also am a fan of Ace of Cakes, I just love the food network in general! Wishing you well! ~ Kim
ReplyDeleteAbsolutly LOVE the cake, I know who to call next time I need a cake! We continue to think about the girls and you and J to, you are constantly on our minds and in our prayers!
ReplyDelete