Lately I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off. Between finding our groove with school and work schedules, extra curricular schedules, volunteer schedules, house stuff, illness, etc.... I have started to lose my mind. I can tell that it is wearing on me and the kids so I have decided to take a deep breath and focus on the little things that make me smile everyday. Cause really, those are the only things that get me through all of this chaos of life.
My smiles this week:
1. Hearing Ashton tell me he want cuddles on the couch with me. I will gladly lay with him for hours on the couch if he would just sit still for longer than 2 seconds.
2. Grant talking to me about God. He is asking a lot more questions now and it just warms my heart to know he will have God in his heart at such a young age. That is something I never had at that age.
3. Seeing the glee in Jason's eyes as he cuts down trees and starts to see our dream house become a reality.
4. Walking through the Christmas display at Menards and watching the looks on the boys faces as they see all the twinkle lights.
5. Christmas in the stores! I know many people grumble, but there is something so peaceful about Christmas and I love nothing more than to slowly stroll through the Christmas aisles even if it is only October.
6. The Goldbergs. I don't sit down and watch many shows, but I have made the time for this one. This weeks episode made me smile because I will totally be that mom that wants to protect her son from getting his heart broken. Jason looked right at me and said, No, you cannot do that to our sons!" He knows me too well.
7. Great doctor appointment check ups and hearing Ashton tell the nurse thank you after she gave him 2 shots. Never one to forget his manners....
8. Sunday drives to see the beautiful colors. I think they are better than they have been in years. Hearing Grant tell me how beautiful they are- I love his appreciation for nature!
9. Watching Grant and Ashton play together. They fight, they whine and they can scream and yell very loudly, but every once in a while I catch them quietly playing together and it makes it all ok.
10. And finally, an hour of silence as I got a really good massage. This should be mandatory for all mothers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment