Saturday, October 26, 2013

Up Up and Away its Ashton's 2nd Birthday!

Last Friday we celebrated Ashton's second birthday with family and friends.  It was a wonderful night celebrating our little love.  His theme was airplanes since every time he sees or hears a plane he points to the sky and screams airplane.  He walked around all day saying,"up up and away its my birthday."  It was so cute!


He LOVED his balloons.  Many fights took place between him and Grant since he also loved the balloons...


I had so much fun with this theme.  I had an Arrivals sign on the front door with everyone's name on it.  (left it off here for privacy reasons.)  I made this TSA sign as well as Baggage Check (present area) and Baggage Claim (favors).  I also made a shirt for him with an iron on transfer.  I couldn't get a picture of it though because he refused to stop moving for a close up shot.



 Baggage Claim- candy airplanes, sugar cookie airplanes and peanuts for the adults. 


The Food Court- once again I got into naming dishes just because this theme was so fun and it all came together so easy.  I hope I am not setting a precedent for all future parties though!

Grant's Sami Shop- Hot ham and cheese on buns
Mom Mom's Pasta Palace- Mac and cheese
Raul's Mexican Restaurant- Seven layer mexican dip or chips and salsa
Ashton's Apple Stand- apples and caramel
Jason's Juice Bar- Lemonade, apple cider or my new favorite- apple cider and a little caramel vodka:)
Krista's Cakery- airplane cake

 I thought that no one could get as animated as Grant when opening presents. I was wrong.  Ashton was hilarious.  He ripped open all presents.  He opened the clothes boxes, yelled clothes and then threw them.  He opened a card with $ and propudly yelled,"money!"  Jason helped him open his cards and Ashton would rip them out of his hand and proclaim,"I read the cards daddy."  It sure was fun watching him get so excited about his gifts!


The cake from hell.  Looking at this cake you would think it would be the easiest thing ever, right?  Wrong.  I bought butter cake mix instead of regular yellow cake.  For some reason when I was at the store, I bought 2.  I figured out why after I went to get my first cake out of the pan and the whole things crumbled out in pieces.  I am assuming this was because the butter mix was SO moist. So, I greased and buttered and floured and made the second cake and thankfully it came out ok.  I had made my frosting the day before as a time saver but as it warmed up, it became very runny which made it hard to decorate with.  And, I ran out of frosting so there were patches you could still see the cake through as well as a huge section that came apart when I tried to take the wax paper out from underneath when it was completed.  I attempted fancy lettering to look like clouds but it looked horrible so I had to scrape it off and re-do with what little frosting I had left.  All in all, it turned out ok, just not one of my best attempts!


Ashton seemed quite happy with his cake so it made all the crazy cake making worth it!



It is hard to keep him still.... showing off all his new gifts.  What a blessed little 2 year old!
 
 

 








1 comment: