1. The last few weeks have been crazy around our house. Ashton was stung by the bee and had hives all over. The next week he had a cold and then got bit by a bug and his whole face swelled up. Last week Ashton and Jason were diagnosed with strep throat and Jason had pneumonia. If you wondered why I haven't been blogging lately, that is why!
2. Getting Ashton to take his antibiotic is like wrestling an alligator. He spit it back in our face, closed his mouth so tight there was nothing getting in it, ran away, etc.... I finally had to take him to the dr on Friday for an antibiotic shot because he wasn't eating and every time he tried to eat, he threw up. The poor guy was a mess.
3. I am really hoping that now that we are all healthy, we can get out and enjoy fall before it is over. So far we have gone apple picking and made 2 batches of applesauce and one batch of apple butter. This weekend I am hoping to get for our annual fall color tour before the weather turns on us.
4. Lucky for us, we have now entered the colors phase. Also known as the,"but I wanted the blue bowl" phase. Ugh...
5. I have started praying in the car with the boys as we drive to school, day care and work. This has been such an uplifting way for the three of us to start our day. Most mornings Grant prays for the firefighters; that they stay safe and Ashton usually prays for Jesus or Lisa his fabulous day care provider. Today however provided a few laughs as Grant prayed for Halloween to get here safely. I just love the way his mind thinks.
6. Words you never want to hear,"mom, Ashton is putting poop on the couch."
7.I haven't watched Glee for years, but happened to catch the episode the other night that dealt with the aftermath of Finns death. I had tears rolling down my face. They really captured the raw emotion of grief and after hearing # 8, I was balling my eyes out... they got it so right.
8. "You know, when I would see that stuff on the news, I would shut it off
because it was just too horrible to think, but I would always think,
'how do they wake up every day?' I mean, how do they...how do they
breathe, honey? But you do wake up. And for just a second, you forget.
And then, oh, you remember. And it's like getting that call again and
again, every time. You don't get to stop waking up. You have to keep on
being a parent even though you don't have a child anymore."
9. Grant asked me why I was crying and I told him that I was sad sometime because I missed Brooke and Alexcyn and this show reminded me of them. He came over and gave me a hug and said,"I get sad about them sometimes too mommy." I was speachless. He is only 4 but knew exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. God definitely had a plan when he blessed me with Grant.
10. Blessing of the week: hearing Grant pray all by himself at the dinner table. "Dear God, please bless this food onto our bodies. Thank you for the food on our table and the roof over our heads. Amen" Totally brought tears to my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hope you got some fall fun in this past weekend!!! And loved Grant's dino theme bday party. Somehow I missed that post until just now =) So creative!!!! And isn't Brookfield Zoo AWESOME!!! Brian and I took Mase there in September and LOVED it.
ReplyDelete