Saturday, November 9, 2013

4

I finally had time to sit down and do my birthday posts from last month.  Better late than never!  Here are the things I want to remember about our little Grantster who isn't so little any more....




- he is full of excitement.  I always say that he is going to be the next Brad Pitt because he puts so much excitement and drama into everything he does.

-he is still a huge daddy's boy. 

-his favorite show is Caillou, Curious George and Wild Kraats.  The other day he told me all about lungs and why we need them.  I was impressed he learned about that in school and then he told me he learned it on Curious George.  Hey, at least he learns something!

-he is a hard worker and wants to help out wherever he can.

-he loves his brother even though they fight over things A LOT.   When we are around other kids, Grant gets very protective of Ashton.



-he loves to eat little chicken "samwhiches" from Costco, pancakes, fruit loops (every morning!), grapes, strawberries, blackberries (he actually eats a whole container in one sitting), raspberries, fish, and rice. 

-he dislikes tomatoes and makes me take them out of everything!  Other intense dislikes for potatoes unless they are fried of course, cheese sticks (has to be "flat cheese", yogurt, and peppers.

-he has finally started showing interest in dressing himself and usually picks the same shirt to wear everyday..

-he loves to ride his bike, play with dinosaurs and run around outside.


-he loves to go to the "pawk" aka park and swing for hours.  And yes, he still talks with a southern accent that is most noticeable with momma, pawk and mewk.

-he weighs 32 lbs and is 39 inches tall.   He wears 3T pants and 4 T shirts.

-he has a huge heart.  I always wanted my boys to have compassion and empathy for others.  I think I have definitely succeeded with Grant.  He has such a kind heart and a compassion for everything - even ladybugs!

-he has a temper and it usually flares as we are headed out the door to school.  He is not a morning person so getting him up, fed and dressed is always a struggle.

-he is very particular about things like socks with writing on the bottom and his pant legs being around his boots, certain fabrics and especially hates it when tags are in his shirt rubbing against his back.



Grant is an amazing boy that has taught me how to be a mother and how to look at life with excitement and a smile again. I feel so thankful that God blessed us with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment