1. Sayings heard recently that I swore I would never hear in my house...
"If you don't stop crying, I will give you a reason to cry!" - Said to Grant for crying hysterically for not getting the blue plate.
"Don't make me pull this car over" - Said to both boys for screaming in the car for no good reason at all.
2. On Sunday, we were able to get out for the fall color tour I had been craving. We drove around and enjoyed the beautiful colors in silence while the boys napped. We then went to my favorite orchard and took a hayride and picked more apples because seriously who can resist apples at 40 cents a pound! The boys had fun playing on these pumpkin haystacks. We then drove to South Haven for some yummy Sherman's ice cream for dinner and then headed home. It was a great day!
3. The next time I tell Ashton to grab his shoes as we are headed out the door, I should pay more attention. I have noticed that my attention to detail has seriously been lacking the last few weeks, but this is really bad! I didn't even notice these shoes until we climbed onto the hayride!
4. In reference to #3, Sherman's Blue Moon ice cream makes for shockingly blue diapers!
5. The other night Ashton was asking to wear underwear. (No, we are not potty training him!) Well, Grant decided he was going to help Ashton go potty so he took him into the bathroom and took off his jammy pants and his diaper and then Ashton proceeded to pee all over the floor. Grant was not pleased with Ashton. I however thought it was hilarious and was so happy that I caught it all on video!
6. I had planned on the boys 2 and 4 year pics during our drive on Sunday but Ashton fell and scraped his face up on Sat and then Sun he got scratched at the orchard and that night he got a bug bite on his face that made his eye swell up AGAIN. So, back to the dr we went. Luckily he didn't need to get a shot this time but it still scared the heck out of me. I hate when things get that close to his eyes.
7. The other day I picked up The Goonies for super cheap. This is one of my all time favorites but I haven't seen it in a while. It is amazing how different it is to watch it as a mother. There are some serious swear words in that movie!
8. Neither of my boys are big eaters at all. That is why I was so surprised the other day when Grant ate 2 sausage links, 5 french toast sticks, and a bowl of cereal for lunch. Followed by 2 sandwiches and a half a carton of strawberries for lunch. I guess my little boy is starting to grow! That is his usual appetite for a whole week!
9. The boys are really into jokes these days. On the way to drop off this morning, we prayed and then the boys started in with knock, knocks. Of course, jokes at their age make absolutely no sense, but they think they are hilarious!
Ashton: knock, knock
Me: who's there?
Ashton: strawberry
Me: strawberry who?
Ashton: seasaw
Grant and Ashton crack up.
Grant: knock, knock
Me: who's there?
Grant: strawberry
Me: strawberry who?
Grant: strawberry toot toot (because yes, his world seems to revolve around toots these days!)
More laughter from the second row.
I want to remember these hilarious car rides especially after the chaos of trying to get out of the house on time!
10. Blessing of the week: After a lot of headaches and waiting, we finally got approval from our association to start building our house! We were surprised when our excavator called us the next day and told us that he had scraped our lot already. I guess we can officially say we are building a house:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Love your posts...They make me laugh! I love the different shoes lol Goes to show you have more than one child. You have more things going on and you don't have time to hover as much :) Not a bad thing... You lot is gorgeous! Wow! What a beautiful yard you will have! Blessings :)
ReplyDeleteHi Krista,
ReplyDeleteHope you can say a prayer for this family and give them some hope:
http://www.themakingofbabyben.com/2013/10/my-nightmare-coming-true-17-weeks-and.html?m=1