Monday, July 1, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I am dedicating this post to all of the funny/interesting things that Grant has said lately that I don't want to forget.

2.  In the car the other day, Grant started talking about when Ashton was born.  He usually likes to tell me how scared he was of the big vacuum at the hospital.  However, this time he talked about going to spend time with Aunt M and his cousins and spending the night at Mom Mom and Pop Pop's and how they brought him to the hospital.  Even at 2, he definitely remembers the experience.  And then he asked me when I was having another baby!  I hated to break his heart, but we had the discussion that we had two babies in heaven and 2 wonderful boys here and mommy and daddy were done having babies.  He was not pleased.  I am not sure I am prepared for all of the adult conversations he suddenly wants to have with me!

3.  The other day when I put him down for a nap:
Me: I love you Grant, sleep well.
Grant: I love you too.
Me: I love you more (expecting him to say I love you mostest...)
Grant:  I love you most of the time.  Ha, guess he got me!

4.  The other night I took Grant upstairs to bed and he looked at me and said,"mommy, you look pretty."  Sounds like my attempts to raise a little gentleman are working!

5.  Grant:  Mommy, can I have --------?  Not sure what it was since he asks me for something every 2 seconds.
Me:  Grant, we will have to see.
Grant:  Every time you say that, you give in so I know I will get it now.
Me:  Really?  Thinking.... crap, I guess I need to start paying more attention because he obviously is!

6. Grant and I had a conversation about the girls birthday in the car as we passed their cemetery.  I was trying to explain to him that him and Ashton and I were going to the beach and eating a cookie cake to honor them on their birthday.  He was so confused and couldn't figure out why they would not be eating the cake with us.  We have books on Heaven that we read regularly, but I really am struggling with explaining to his 3 year old brain that they can't just come down here and eat cake with us.  We have this conversation every time we pass the cemetery now so please let me know if you have suggestions. 

7.  Discussing an ad for a carnival that we were going to...
Grant:  It looks like there are clowns there mommy.  You don't like clowns.
Me: It will be ok Grant; mommy just won't go to that part of the carnival.
Grant:  Don't worry mommy, I will protect you from those clowns.
Me: Aw.... thanks Grant for being so darn cute!

8.  Last night Grant was a horrible sleeper.  He woke up every hour needing to go potty, needing a drink, having a nightmare, etc.... by 2 am we just pulled him into our bed out of desperation for sleep.  At 3 am he sat up, looked at Jason and I and asked us what we were going to do today.  Seriously, at 3 in the morning he was already concerned about his day.  After that, he went back into his bed and slept the rest of the night.  I am starting to think he got my crazy planning gene since I do tend to wake up at 3 am and plan out my day in my head!

9.  Other random Grantisms I don't want to forget:  every time you want something you come up to me, give me a hug and say, "I like you mamma."  2 seconds later, it is followed by an ask of some sort.  You call me mamma like a good southern boy.  I will never understand where you get that thick southern drawl.  You ask to go to the, "pawk" every day and you love to drink," mewk". You don't go anywhere without your "bunny" aka "b" but you are really particular about making sure you get one that has been very loved aka "soft B". 

10.  Blessing of the week:  I will never, ever, ever, ever get tired of hearing you say, "I love you mamma."

2 comments:

  1. Even at 8 & 6 my boys always ask questions when we go by our cemetary. I think it is just as helpful and healing for them. Even though they weren't around for Blake & James but were for Jackson. And a few times the last few weeks they have talked to others about their 3 brothers in heaven. Plus it great to continue talking about them and Heaven. :) The party is there instead.
    Never an easy conversation but has gotten better for us over time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete