Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mini Vaca

Our annual July 4th vaca was cut a little short with the news of grandma  this year.  However, we knew she wouldn't want us to stop having fun so we did stay down there for a couple days.  It was interesting to see how much things have changed this year with the boys.  Grant has developed a serious fear of pretty much anything.  He refuses to put his head under the water and will only wear his ring.  Last year he loved going on the Sea Doo.  This year he wouldn't let J go above idle and he flat our refused to go in the tube.  One time he even stood on the dock and begged Jason and I not to go out because we would get hurt.  His fear definitey goes deep!






My little guy that is never afraid of adventure, is apparently not the speed demon I feared he would be.  Thank God!  He also refused to let J go above idle on the Sea Doo.  However, he doesn't fear the water at all and jumps right in no matter how many times I tell him that he needs mommy with him.  I pretty much put his water wings on when we walk out the door and never take them off.  I just don't trust him by the water at all since he usually jumps in when I have my back to the pool. 


We were blessed with two firework shows this year.  The first one was at my parents lake house.  We take the pontoon into the middle of their lake and we can see shows from two local lakes.  The next night my parents neighbors kids (kids I used to babysit that are now married, ugh.) had bought $700 in fireworks so we had our own private show.  It was awesome.  The boys just loved it and every day since Ashton has me for fireworks!

on the boat waiting for it to get dark

I love this pic of Jason making the boys laugh as we waited for our own private firework show.


The boys favorite thing to do was fish with daddy.  They treasured the time alone with him on the dock fishing even though to Ashton it just meant putting his pole in the water!




All in all it was a good time away from the norm.  Although, we did miss our annual date night at the cottage. Hoping we can get that rescheduled quickly since we are desperate for some alone time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment